Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / XP64 / Vista64
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Audacity is an open source, cross-platform audio editor and recorder. Audacity can record and play sounds and import and export WAV, AIFF, MP3, and OGG files. Edit your sounds using cut, copy, and paste features (with unlimited undo functionality), mix tracks, or apply effects to your recordings. Audacity also has a built-in amplitude-envelope editor, a customizable spectrogram mode, and a frequency-analysis window for audio-analysis applications. It comes with many useful features, some of which are:
- Records and plays audio files
- Supports various file formats like WAV, AIFF, AU, and Ogg Vorbis
- Import MPEG audio (including MP2 and MP3 files)
- Edit your audio files by cutting, copying, pasting, and mixing them
- Large files can be edited fairly quickly
- Add different effects like echo, phaser, wahwah, reverse, and more
- Change the pitch without altering the tempo, or vice-versa.
- Record and edit 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit (floating point) samples.
- Various plug-ins support
- Can be used to convert old tapes into digital media
- And many more
Also Available: Download Audacity for Mac