What's new in this version:
Zoning 2.0: Speed up your workflow:
- Three new sections made their way into the right zone to enhance the flow in your work. The new file browser lets you browse, preview and import your media files in your project without leaving the window; the new metering section in the right zone shows the master and loudness meters to have a lock on your mix at any time; and then there’s the Control Room, providing direct access to your cue and monitor mixes.
Automation editing just got curves:
- Cubase 9.5 introduces ultra-precise automation curves for creating and editing smooth transitions, allowing you to go creative with musical build-ups and providing detailed automation lanes — all this while keeping mouse clicks to a minimum. One might think that a streamlined workflow possibly comes at the expense of accuracy. But no, not at all! Even the automation of tracks controlled by VCA faders will incorporate all automation data of the connected tracks and will remain 100% on target.
- You want the click to follow your signature shift? The new Metronome follows your lead no matter where you’re heading! Compose custom click patterns with up to four different accent levels in the new Click Pattern Editor, and assign several different patterns to the Signature Track. Load your own click sounds or select one of the many pre-installed sounds. Every metronome helps you keep in time, but the new metronome in Cubase 9.5 does this so much more effectively.
64-bit mixing engine:
Taking your sound to new heights:
- Get your mixing down the line — with the new pristine 64-bit floating-point mixing engine you will no longer need to compromise when it comes to quality, precision and realism. The advanced audio engine calculates your summing, mixing and effects processing with double-precision accuracy, performing each task with the utmost level of detail, dynamics and transparency.
More inserts now with flexible pre/post fader:
- By doubling the number of insert slots for VST effects on each track, Cubase 9.5 expands your creative horizon, inviting you to experiment with rich effect combinations and plug-in chains. Whether you want to insert your VST effects before or after the fader, the new flexible insert section lets you dynamically adjust the position of the separator and gives you full control of your signal flow.
New looks for Vintage Compressor, Tube Compressor and Magneto III:
- Three of the most acclaimed VST processors available to Cubase have received a fresh overhaul. The Vintage Compressor, the Tube Compressor and Magneto III tape saturator shine with redesigned user interfaces and workflow-oriented improvements that bring out the best in each of them.
Direct Offline Processing:
Ideal for frequently used processes:
- Extend your creative potential with the improved workflow of event-based offline processing. Apply any kind of process offline in a VST plug-in chain for one or multiple selected event — with the feel of real-time effects — without the CPU load. This way you can keep your MixConsole clean but at the same time have paved the way for further non-destructive changes.
- HALion Sonic SE 3 feat. FLUX wavetable synth:
- The new FLUX wavetable synthesizer library for HALion Sonic SE combines top-notch sound quality and the latest HALion technology with an engaging user interface. The collection of 100 cutting-edge presets for electronic music productions includes leads, basses, pads and effects. All patches are based on a library of more than 70 exclusively designed waves that can also be used to create your own sounds and patches
Automation range tool:
- The new Range Tool lets you edit your automations faster, easier and more convenient. Create a selection on an automation lane and edit segments by simply dragging them without having to create any additional automation markers. The Range Tool adjusts the level, creates ramps and scales the automation in either absolute or relative mode — just like that!
Adapt to Zoom: A clever capability:
- New to this point update, Adapt to Zoom helps you to stay in the flow in case you should be constantly zooming in and out of your Cubase project. Zooming out decreases the grid snap level so that the editing level remains effective. Zooming in increases the grid snap level for those surgical procedures at the ground level of your project. Adapt to Zoom will always adjust the grid automatically to your zoom level, allowing you to focus on your work without distractions.
Good-bye and hello video engine:
- A new, modern video engine that bade farewell to the QuickTime technology before it was introduced to Cubase 9.5 supports the most relevant codecs, as well as external video cards. As with every new engine, certain adjustments will still have to be made, and we want to keep you posted on further developments made to the new video engine, so watch this space.
Softube Console 1 supports Cubase Available soon:
- Sweden and Germany — two countries come together to celebrate the deep integration of the Console 1 from our friends at Softube with Cubase. You can now select tracks and control various track parameters like volume, pan or sends through Softube’s beautiful hardware controller.
Sampler Track enhancements:
- The recently introduced Sampler Track has undergone some changes that will enhance your workflow significantly. Drag any MIDI part in the Sampler Control and start experimenting with the instantly rendered audio file. And experiment you may! You can compare the different settings you make with the convenient A/B mode, safe in the knowledge that its undo/redo capability will always allow you to return to safer ground.
Get inspired by Production Presets:
- Cubase 9.5 comes with Production Presets to inspire you when it’s needed and to help you finish your mix when things need to get done. Stunning new FX chain presets for all kinds of instrument and vocal tracks will lend a fresh twist to all your productions. The brand-new mastering track presets is designed for different genres and productions and can be used on the master bus or group channels to help you get your tracks to a professional level.