DAEMON Tools 3.47Date added: July, 21st 2005 - Freeware
Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Daemon Tools Lite is one of the best optical disc image creation tools on the market, managing to provide both complete PC novices and seasoned PC veterans with the streamlined way of creating backup copies of their CD/DVD/Blu-ray/HD DVD discs and emulate them inside very easy to use Virtual disc drive system that can manage entire collection of discs and host dozens of virtual drives. Thanks to its simple user interface it’s ideal for both: users who have very little (or none) technical knowledge of PCs and seasoned users who demand to have complete control over their disc authoring system. Those advanced users will be happy that Daemon Tools Lite can easily manage their large collections of virtual drives, and operate with up to 4 simultaneous disc images that are loaded into virtual drives (this limitation can be removed by purchasing full version of the app).
Daemon Tools Lite has more than one decade of experience in providing excellent tools to its large user base that demands to have perfect mix between usability and advanced options. As of early 2014, Daemon Tools virtual drive management app exist in 5 distinct versions, with Lite being the most popular (Lite, Pro Standard, Pro Advanced, Net, Ultra and discontinued “portable” USB version that got its last update in late 2012). Today, Daemon Tools Lite represents one of the most popular virtual disc drive management tools, not only because its great interface but also for its wide support for disc standards. It can even create and mount images of CDs or DVDs protected by Safedisc, Securom, Laserlock, or any of the other latest protection technologies.
Daemon Tools works under XP, Vista and Windows 7 and supports almost any of CD and DVD Rom make. It can emulate CD, DVD, HD DVD, and Blu-ray discs.
Key features of Daemon Tools:
- Mount *.mdx, *.mds/*.mdf, *.iso, *.b5t, *.b6t, *.bwt, *.ccd, *.cdi, *.bin/*.cue, *.ape/*.cue, *.flac/*.cue, *.nrg, *.isz disc images to a virtual drive
- Create .iso, *.mds/*.mdf and *.mdx images of CD, DVD, Blu-ray discs
- Compress your images
- Protect images with password
- Manage your Image Collection
- Create up to 4 virtual devices (DT and SCSI in all) to mount several images simultaneously
- Customize virtual drives: change a drive letter, DVD region, etc
- Get quick access to all functionalities via program icon in the System Tray
- Use File Associations to mount images right from Windows Explorer
- Use powerful Command Line Interface for automation purposes
- Perform basic actions via handy DAEMON Tools Gadget on Windows Desktop
- Keep track of the disc image usage statistic
- Find out Top 100 most popular images
- Search other discs similar to yours
- Search for disc images that you are missing
- Browsing for most relevant gameplay videos and much more