Erase data permanently for Windows
Eraser 220.127.116.1120 Date added: May, 23rd 2012 - (Open Source)
What's new in this version:
- Updated Italian translation.
- Updated LZMA SDK for Bootstrapper to use the beta 9.22 SDK which is the only one available from 7-zip.
- Improved Recycle Bin support for non-NTFS drives on Windows.
- Fixed Scheduler display bug where tasks added using the Shell Context Menu could appear in the schedule as Not Queued even if it was configured to run automatically, if a task was already running.
- Disable all entropy mixing algorithms except SHA-1 so that Eraser can continue to function even when FIPS mode is enabled under Windows XP.
- Bug fix for CryptoAPI crash on startup under certain circumstances.
- Fixed persistence of non-default erasure methods for erasure targets.
- Allow users to exit from an invalid custom erasure method editor state if he clicks cancel or closes the dialog.
- Browsers and Plugins
- CD and DVD Tools
- Cleaning and Tweaking
- Compression and Backup
- Desktop Enhancements
- Developer Tools
- File Sharing
- File Transfer and Networking
- Firewalls and Security
- Imaging and Digital Photo
- Messaging and Chat
- MP3 and Audio
- Office and Business Tools
- Video Software