Windows XP64 / Vista64 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
FossaMail 64-bit is an Open Source, Mozilla Thunderbird-based mail, news and chat client for Windows and Linux, brought to you by the Pale Moon developers (and therefore not affiliated with the Mozilla Corporation). It is an alternative version of the Mozilla Thunderbird mail&news client, and based on the Pale Moon browser core.
- Is built from source with compiler optimizations geared towards an as stable and smooth operation of the client as possible (Pale Moon-alike optimizations).
- Uses the Pale Moon browser core as its back-end. The client is therefore based on Pale Moon rather than other Mozilla-derived mail clients.
- Uses its own profile folder on your system. This means it will not interfere with existing Thunderbird installations.
- The default profile location is %APPDATA%\FossaMail
- Should be compatible with all Thunderbird (v24/25b era) add-ons and plugins.
- Is available in 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) versions for both Windows and Linux.
- Comes with an optional calendar/organizer add-on (Lightning, available from the download location below) that will allow it to be used in a Microsoft Outlook style information manager fashion.
Note: The application is not developed actively anymore.