FreeMind 1.0.1 LATEST
Windows (All Versions)
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
FreeMind 2017 full offline installer setup for PC 32bit/64bit
FreeMind is intended for editing Mind maps, XML/HTML documents, and directory trees. In future, even network-structures will be supported such as Topic Maps (ISO). All this data is represented to the user as a Mind map. This is achieved with a modular design, which makes it possible to easily write modules, only designing the model of the problem (the data structure), without caring for the visual representation at all. Currently a Mind Mapping and a File Mode are implemented.
Current users of FreeMind use it for the following purposes:
- Keeping track of projects, including subtasks, state of subtasks and time recording.
- Project workplace, including links to necessary files, executables, source of information and of course information.
- Workplace for internet research using Google and other sources.
- Keeping a collection of small or middle sized notes with links on some area which expands as needed. Such a collection of notes is sometimes called knowledge base.
- Essay writing and brainstorming, using colors to show which essays are open, completed, not yet started etc, using size of nodes to indicate size of essays. I don't have one map for one essay, I have one map for all essays. I move parts of some essays to other when it seems appropriate.
- Keeping a small database of something with structure that is either very dynamic or not known in advance. The main disadvantage of such approach when compared to traditional database applications are poor query possibilities, but I use it that way anyway - contacts, recipes, medical records etc. You learn about the structure from the additional data items you enter. For example, different medical records use different structure and you do not have to analyze all the possible structures before you enter the first medical record.
- Commented internet favorites or bookmarks, with colors and fonts having the meaning you want.