Graphical Java application for managing bibtex (.bib) databases

JabRef (32-bit)

Join our mailing list

Stay up to date with latest software releases, news, software discounts, deals and more

Download JabRef 4.1 (32-bit)

JabRef (32-bit)

 -  100% Safe  -  Open Source

What's new in this version:

Changed:
- We added bracketed expresion support for file search patterns, import file name patterns and file directory patters, in addition to bibtexkey patterns
- We added support for [entrytype] bracketed expression
- Updated French translation
- We improved the handling of abstracts in the "Astrophysics Data System" fetcher
- We added support for pasting entries in different formats
- In the annotation tab, PDF files are now monitored for new or changed annotation. A manual reload is no longer necessary
- We increased the relative size of the "abstract" field in the entry editor. Feature request in the forum
- Crossreferenced entries are now used when a BibTex key is generated for an entry with empty fields
- We now set the WM_CLASS of the UI to org-jabref-JabRefMain to allow certain Un*x window managers to properly identify its windows
- We changed the default paths for the OpenOffice/LibreOffice binaries to the default path for LibreOffice
- File annotation tab now removes newlines and hyphens before newlines from content and displays an empty String instead of N/A if no contents are found
- We moved the groups field from the "Other fields" tab to "General" (you may have to reset your editor preferences under Options > Set up general fields)
- We no longer create a new entry editor when selecting a new entry to increase performance
- We added the possibility to copy linked files from entries to a single output folder
- We increased performance and decreased the memory footprint of the entry editor drastically
- Late initialization of the context menus in the entry editor. This improves performance and memory footprint further
- Integrity check "Abbreviation Detection" detects abbreviated names for journals and booktitles based on the internal list instead of only looking for . signs
- We added a dialog to show that JabRef is working on checking integrity
- When you click the PDF icon in the file list of the entry editor, then the file is opened
- We added an option to mass append to fields via the Quality -> set/clear/append/rename fields dialog
- We added a check on startup to ensure JabRef is run with an adequate Java version
- In the preference, all installed java Look and Feels are now listed and selectable
- We added an ID fetcher for IACR eprints
- We added a clear option to the right-click menu of the text field in the entry editor
- We improved the performance and memory footprint of the citation preview when CSL styles are used
- We disabled the auto completion as default, because it still causes issues

Fixed:
- We fixed the translation of textendash and textquotesingle in the entry preview
- We fixed an issue where JabRef would not terminated after asking to collect anonymous statistics
- We fixed an issue where JabRef would not shut down when started with the -n (No GUI) option
- We improved the way metadata is updated in remote databases
- We improved font rendering of the Entry Editor for Linux based systems
- We fixed an issue where JabRef would freeze when trying to replace the original entry after a merge with new information from identifiers like DOI/ISBN etc.
- We no longer allow to add a field multiple times in customized entry types and thereby fix an issue in the entry editor that resulted from having a field multiple times
- We fixed an issue where JabRef would not show the translated content at some points, although there existed a translation
- We fixed an issue where editing in the source tab would override content of other entries
- We fixed an issue where file links created under Windows could not be opened on Linux/OSX
- We fixed several issues with the automatic linking of files in the entry editor where files were not found or not correctly saved in the bibtex source
- We fixed an issue where fetching entries from crossref that had no titles caused an error
- We fixed an issue where the same Java Look and Feel would be listed more than once in the Preferences
- We fixed an issue where errors in citation styles triggered an exception when opening the preferences dialog
- We fixed an issue where entries were displayed twice after insertion into a shared database
- We improved the auto link algorithm so that files starting with a similar key are no longer found (e.g, Einstein1902 vs Einstein1902a)
- We fixed an issue where special fields (such as printed) could not be cleared when syncing special fields via the keywords
- We fixed an issue where the tooltip of the global search bar showed html tags instead of formatting the text
- We fixed an issue where timestamps were not updated for changed entries
- We fixed an issue where trying to fetch data from Medline/PubMed resulted in an error
- We fixed an issue where double clicking on an entry in the integrity check dialog resulted in an exception
- We fixed an issue where the entry type could sometimes not be changed when the entry editor was open
- We fixed an issue where dropping a pdf on the entry table and renaming it triggered an exception
- We fixed an issue where no longer existing files could not be removed from the entry by pressing the del key
- We fixed an issue where integrating external changes to a bib file caused instability
- We fixed an issue where fetched entries from the ACM fetcher could not be imported
- We fixed an issue where custom data in combobox fields in the entry editor was not saved
- We fixed an issue where automatically found files were not added with a relative paths when the bib file is in the same directory as the files



Join our mailing list

Stay up to date with latest software releases, news, software discounts, deals and more