Java Runtime Environment 126.96.36.199 (64-bit)Date added: February, 16th 2011 - Freeware
Windows XP64 / Vista64 / Windows 7 64
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) contains everything your computer needs in order to run Java applications or load Java applets in your browser. Java technology is an object-oriented, platform-independent, multithreaded programming environment. It is the foundation for Web and networked services, applications, platform-independent desktops, robotics, and other embedded devices. This enabled countless developers from all around the world to easily create web-content that can be easily reproduced on all modern internet connected devices, without the need to optimize app for each individual browser, operating system or platform. As of 2014, it is reported that Java Runtime Environment enabled devices have surpassed the number of 5.5 billion, making JVM (Java Virtual Machine) the most popular process virtual machine in the entire world.
Working with Java is incredibly easy, with documentation and tech support being present everywhere on the web, enabling developers to create powerful programs that can take advantage of not only all cloud services they want, but also local resources at clients hardware. Wide variety of software solutions that were possible in Java are numerous, ranging from simple small webapps, to server-side applications that are powering online stores, pools, forums, websites, to intricate video games and professional solutions for managing large projects.
Java has become invaluable to developers by enabling them to:
- Write software on one platform and run it on virtually any other platform.
- Create programs that can run within a web browser and access available web services.
- Develop server-side applications for online forums, stores, polls, HTML forms processing, and more.
- Combine applications or services using the Java language to create highly customized applications or services.
- Write powerful and efficient applications for mobile phones, remote processors, consumer products, and practically any other electronic device.