What's new in this version:
Kaspersky Free 22.214.171.1245
- There is now protection against infection while the operating system is being restarted.
- Added notification from Web Anti-Virus regarding pages containing adware or legitimate software that can be used by criminals to damage your computer or personal data.
- Improved speed for certain installation scenarios, the first startup, and the first update of the application.
- The application now waits a longer amount of time before displaying a notification about outdated databases and application modules when the computer wakes from sleep mode.
Main known issues:
- If the "Always scan encrypted connections" check box is selected, the application will scan encrypted connections even if you have paused protection.
- If the application was installed in Windows 7 and you upgraded the operating system to Windows 10 but now want to revert back to Windows 7, you are advised to uninstall the application and install it again after reverting back to Windows 7.
- On certain websites, the application may block the download of additional pages in pop-up windows or frames. To resolve this issue, clear the "Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages" check box in the network settings of the application.
- If interactive protection is disabled, tasks for processing threats on your computer from the My Kaspersky portal might not be performed.
- Certain types of objects from the category “Legitimate software that can be used by criminals to damage your computer or personal data" are not processed from the My Kaspersky portal. These threats must be processed on the computer.