Multi-protocol instant messaging for your PC
Pidgin 2.7.10 Date added: February, 10th 2011 - (Open Source)
What's new in this version:
- Force video sources to all have the same capabilities. This reduces the number of times video must be scaled down, saving CPU time.
- Starting multiple video calls and ending one no longer causes the other calls to stop sending audio and video.
- Perl bindings now respect LDFLAGS.
- Added AddTrust External Root CA.
- Resolve some issues validating X.509 certificates signed off the CAcert Class 3 intermediate cert when using the GnuTLS SSL/TLS plugin.
- Don\'t drop whole messages when text is colored.
- Don\'t show two windows when using \"Get Info\" on a buddy.
- Don\'t send ISON messages longer than 512 bytes.
- Stop sending audio when placing a call on hold.
- Stop translating gpointers to ints in the dbus API. This removes functions from the dbus API.
- Fix D-Bus introspection calls that omit the interface parameter.
- Fixed bugs in purple_str_to_time() that caused the most recent \'make check\' failures.
- Correct an issue that caused some UIs other than Pidgin or Finch to leave a buddy in the \"is typing\" state.
- Fix potential information disclosure issues in the Cipher code.
- Support using the Page Up and Page Down keys on the numeric keypad in the conversation window.
- Fix a few memory leaks.
- Support rendering strikethrough when received as in-line CSS.
- Editable comboboxes are now more friendly to some GTK+ themes.
- The Voice/Video Settings plugin no longer resets selected devices to defaults.
- The Voice/Video Settings plugin no longer crashes when a stored device name is not found in the list of available devices.
- The Autoaccept plugin now allows disabling filename escaping.
- The Autoaccept plugin now allows choosing Reject/Ask/Accept for non-buddies.
- QQ2008 is now the default protocol version.
- Don\'t crash when receiving an unexpected/invalid jingle transport type.
- Handle Connection: Close headers for BOSH, when the server does not terminate the connection itself.
- Improved parsing for DIGEST-MD5, which should resolve issues connecting to some jabberd2 servers. This corrects an issue parsing one-character or empty elements.
* Yahoo!/Yahoo! JAPAN:
- Fix a crash when an account disconnects before a p2p session is completely set up.
- Browsers and Plugins
- CD and DVD Tools
- Cleaning and Tweaking
- Compression and Backup
- Desktop Enhancements
- Developer Tools
- File Sharing
- File Transfer and Networking
- Firewalls and Security
- Imaging and Digital Photo
- Messaging and Chat
- MP3 and Audio
- Office and Business Tools
- Video Software