Multi-protocol instant messaging for your PC
Pidgin 2.10.7 Date added: February, 14th 2013 - (Open Source)
What's new in this version:
- The configure script will now exit with status 1 when specifying invalid protocol plugins using the --with-static-prpls and --with-dynamic-prpls arguments.
- Fix a crash when receiving UPnP responses with abnormally long values.
- Don't link directly to libgcrypt when building with GnuTLS support.
- Fix UPnP mappings on routers that return empty <URLBase/> elements in their response.
- Tcl plugin uses saner, race-free plugin loading.
- Fix the Tcl signals-test plugin for savedstatus-changed.
- Make Pidgin more friendly to non-X11 GTK+, such as MacPorts?' +no_x11 variant.
- Fix a crash at startup with large contact list. Avatar support for buddies will be disabled until 3.0.0.
- Support for SASL authentication.
- Print topic setter information at channel join.
- Fix SSL certificate issue when signing into MSN for some users.
- Fix a crash when removing a user before its icon is loaded.
- Fix two bugs where a remote MXit user could possibly specify a local file path to be written to.
- Fix a bug where the MXit server or a man-in-the-middle could potentially send specially crafted data that could overflow a buffer and lead to a crash or remote code execution.
- Display farewell messages in a different colour to distinguish them from normal messages.
- Add support for typing notification.
- Add support for the Relationship Status profile attribute.
- Remove all reference to Hidden Number.
- Ignore new invites to join a GroupChat? if you're already joined, or still have a pending invite.
- The buddy's name was not centered vertically in the buddy-list if they did not have a status-message or mood set.
- Fix decoding of font-size changes in the markup of received messages.
- Increase the maximum file size that can be transferred to 1 MB.
- When setting an avatar image, no longer downscale it to 96x96.
- Fix a crash in Sametime when a malicious server sends us an abnormally long user ID.
- Fix a double-free in profile/picture loading code.
- Fix retrieving server-side buddy aliases.
- The Voice/Video? Settings plugin supports using the sndio GStreamer backends.
- Fix a crash in the Contact Availability Detection plugin.
- Make the Message Notification plugin more friendly to non-X11 GTK+, such as MacPorts?' +no_x11 variant.
- Compile with secure flags
- Installer downloads GTK+ Runtime and Debug Symbols more securely.
* Updates to a number of dependencies, some of which have security related fixes.
- ATK 1.32.0-2
- Cyrus SASL 2.1.25
- expat 2.1.0-1
- freetype 2.4.10-1
- gettext 0.18.1.1-2
- Glib 2.28.8-1
- libpng 1.4.12-1
- libxml2 2.9.0-1
- NSS 3.13.6 and NSPR 4.9.2
- Pango 1.29.4-1
- SILC 1.1.10
- zlib 1.2.5-2
* Patch libmeanwhile (sametime library) to fix crash.
- Browsers and Plugins
- CD and DVD Tools
- Cleaning and Tweaking
- Compression and Backup
- Desktop Enhancements
- Developer Tools
- File Sharing
- File Transfer and Networking
- Firewalls and Security
- Imaging and Digital Photo
- Messaging and Chat
- MP3 and Audio
- Office and Business Tools
- Video Software