Google SketchUp 7.1.6860Date added: January, 13th 2010 - Freeware
Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / Windows 7 / XP64 / Vista64 / Windows 7 64
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
SketchUp Make is a simple and easy-to-use 3D modeling tool which can be used on its own or as Google Earth plug-in. With it you can create 2D or 3D objects of any kind, and even change the used color schemes or materials of your models. Finished models can be printed, published, stored in the 3D Warehouse or even published directly to the Google Earth where user created models of real structures can be seen by millions of visitors who daily use this service both on all modern PCs and portable devices.
There are many great modeling tools currently on the market, but SketchUp was built from the ground up be first modeling program to novices, but leaving enough advance tools and services that those novices and advanced users alike have room to experiment, expand their knowledge and learn countless new things about the world of 3D modeling. This approach to simplicity and easy access to advanced tools is perfectly showcased in its interface, which offers wide variety of tools, documentation and tutorials that can provide each novice with easy acclimation. With SketchUp, users can easily model and redecorate your living room, invent a new piece of furniture, model your city for Google Earth, use it as tool for your school or university projects, introduce it into your work pipeline and much more.
Freeware version of SketchUp Make can be used without limitations, but professionals will most likely be attracted to paid “Pro” version that places much higher focus on architecture and easier ability to transfer your drawings into 3D objects.
What makes SketchUp Make great?
- Edges and Faces: That's all there is to it
- Push/Pull: Quickly go from 2D to 3D
- Accurate measurements: Work with precision
- Follow Me: Create complex extrusions and lathed forms
- Paint Bucket: Apply colors and textures
- Groups and Components: Build smarter models
- Shadows: Perform shade studies and add realism
- Sections: See inside your models
- Scenes: Save views and create animations
- Look Around and Walk: Explore your creations firsthand
- Dimensions and Labels: Add information to your designs
- The Instructor: Catch on quickly
- Layers and the Outliner: Stay organized
- Google Earth: See your models in context
- Sandbox tools: Work on terrain
- 3D Warehouse: Find models of almost anything you need
- Import 3DS: Get a head start on your modeling
- Import images: Paint walls with photos
- Export TIFF, JPEG and PNG