Protect your important data by encrypting it
TrueCrypt 4.1 Date added: November, 26th 2005 - (Open Source)
Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / XP64
Author / product:
File size / license:
1.32 MB / Open Source
TrueCrypt is an open source software, which will help you hide your private data. It encrypts your files and documents on-the-fly; it can “lock” a single folder or even the whole drive, and supports Triple DES, AES, Blowfish, Serpent and other encryption algorithms. TrueCrypt is extremely powerful, and very easy to use.
TrueCrypt Main Features:
- Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk.
- Encrypts an entire partition or storage device such as USB flash drive or hard drive.
- Encrypts a partition or drive where Windows is installed (pre-boot authentication).
- Encryption is automatic, real-time (on-the-fly) and transparent.
- Parallelization and pipelining allow data to be read and written as fast as if the drive was not encrypted.
- Provides plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password:
- Hidden volume (steganography) and hidden operating system.
- Encryption algorithms: AES-256, Serpent, and Twofish. Mode of operation: XTS.
- Browsers and Plugins
- CD and DVD Tools
- Cleaning and Tweaking
- Compression and Backup
- Desktop Enhancements
- Developer Tools
- File Sharing
- File Transfer and Networking
- Firewalls and Security
- Imaging and Digital Photo
- Messaging and Chat
- MP3 and Audio
- Office and Business Tools
- Video Software