What's new in this version:
- Context variables WIRE_COMPRESSED and WIRE_ENCRYPTED were added to the SYSTEM namespace to report compression and encryption status, respectively, of the current connection. See Context Variables: v.3.0.4 for details.
- Enhanced reporting of errors when a dynamic library fails to load. For more information, see Better Reporting on Dynamic Library Loading Errors.
- When an external function (UDF) causes an error of the type "Arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or string truncation", the error message will now include the name of the function.
- The API now supports passing the DPB/spb item ***_auth_plugin_list from an application to the client interface. More details.
- Two new context variables LOCALTIME and LOCALTIMESTAMP that are synonyms for CURRENT_TIME and CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, respectively. They can be used in Firebird 3.0.4 and later, for forward-compatibility with Firebird 4. See Context Variables: v.3.0.4 for details.
- The read-only restriction for system tables was relaxed to permit CREATE, ALTER and DROP operations on their indexes.