jEdit 5.6.0 LATEST
Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
jEdit 2021 full offline installer setup for PC 32bit/64bit
While the tool beats many expensive development tools for features and ease of use, it is released as free software with full source code, provided under the terms of the GPL 2.0. The jEdit core, together with a large collection of plugins is maintained by a world-wide developer team. jEdit Free Download Latest Version for Windows PC. It is a full offline setup installer of the tool.
Features and Highlights
- Combines the best functionality of Unix, Windows, and macOS text editors.
- Runs on any operating system with a Java 1.6 or higher virtual
- machine - this includes macOS, Linux, Unix, VMS, and Windows.
- Efficient keyboard shortcuts for everything, with predefined keymaps for Emacs, IntelliJ IDEA, and macOS (5.0)
- Comprehensive online help
- Unlimited undo/redo
- Copy and paste with an unlimited number of clipboards (known as "registers")
- Register contents are saved across editing sessions
- "Kill ring" automatically remembers previously deleted text
- Rich set of keyboard commands for manipulating entire words, lines, and paragraphs at a time
- "Markers" for remembering positions in files to return to later
- Marker locations are saved across editing sessions
- Any number of editor windows may be open, each window may be split into several areas, each area can view a different file and keep track of an independent set of buffers. Alternatively, different locations in one file can be viewed in more than one area
- Multiple open windows and split windows are remembered between editing sessions
- Rectangular selection
- Multiple selections (sometimes known as "discontinuous" or "additive" selection) for manipulating several chunks of text at once
- Word wrap
Note: Requires Java Runtime Environment.