Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
When you defragment, the files that Windows splits up when saving documents across the hard disk are logically put back together again so that files can be quickly recognized and found by the reading and write heads inside your hardware. Speed increases of up to 100% are not uncommon, and your hardware suffers much less wear and tear!
O&O DiskStat enables you to analyze used space on your hard disk with the help of Charts (Pie chart or Bar graph). As soon as you start the program, you are presented with a concise overview of your entire hard disk. With the help of O&O DiskStat, you can identify and dispose of superfluous files, saving yourself valuable hard disk space in the process!
The brand new in-built O&O DiskCleaner searches for and removes temporary and unnecessary files that are taking up memory and increasing fragmentation. O&O DiskCleaner also increases the security of your data, as private content (e.g. Thumbs.db, copies of documents, drafts of emails, Dumps) will no longer be kept as copies in unnecessary system files.
Benefits of a clearly laid out hard disk
Whenever it saves data, Windows scatters file fragments all over the hard disk and this slows down access times considerably. Defragmentation reverses this by rearranging data and speeding up access times dramatically. This not only saves the user time, but it also reduces wear on hard disks and extends their life expectancy. Defragmentation can even make the difference if you lose important data because chances of a full recovery are better on a defragmented disk. Why? After defragmentation, it’s easier for data recovery software such as O&O DiskRecovery to restore files when they’re not scattered across multiple areas of a hard disk.
Automatic background defragmentation
Automatic defragmentation can be configured with just three clicks and optimizes your disks behind the scenes with no negative impact on your computer’s performance. You can set O&O Defrag Pro to run defragmentation at a certain level of fragmentation, on particular days of the week, or whenever your screensaver is being used. Defragmentation can be paused and resumed whenever you want because O&O Defrag 64bit automatically recognizes where defragmentation was interrupted.
We recommend manual defragmentation for PCs that are being used heavily because only a user can decide when the time is right to give up the performance needed for running defragmentation. On computers using video editing or graphics applications, the app can be configured to not start automatic optimization while certain programs are running. The default settings in the tool are more than adequate for ordinary desktop PCs running mainly internet or office applications. This software is also perfect for notebooks. Whenever an external power supply is disconnected, O&ODefrag automatically goes into pause mode to save energy
Features and Highlights
- “Install & That’s All”: After installation, no further settings need to be configured. The programselects and implements the defragmentation method best suited to the system
- SOLID/Quick: This method, developed specifically for SSDs, performs a superficial optimization of the SSD, such as erasing the free space. This method is gentler and faster.
- SOLID/Complete: This method, developed specifically for SSDs, is a thorough optimization of the SSD.
- ClusterView with SSDs: In order to represent the degree of fragmentation of an SSD, the ClusterView now maps the logical structure of an SSD so that, accordingly, 6 blocks are combined into one.
- Fragment Filter to identify the most fragmented files on a drive
- O&O DiskCleaner
- Time View to see which defragmentation activity results in which successful optimization
- Easy-to-Use: Ideal for Beginners and Professionals
- Even faster system and program starts
- Defragmentation time reduced by up to 40%
- Defragmentation of locked files
- Lifetime Performance Statistics
- Optimizing systems with Thin Provisioning
- Supports 64 bit versions of Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
Note: 30 days trial version.