Windows (All Versions)
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
While this is not a tool that can be used professionally for painting, it holds a tremendous amount of features and services that can help users modify existing images the way they want it to.
It includes every possible tool that will help you during your daily work – from editing, adding effects, optimizing, organizing, printing, and sharing. Same to more known professional solutions, PhotoScape supports almost every image format that is used today (from RAW files to more commonly used JPEG, PNG, and animated GIFs). Its support for various image formats and effects brought it fame and recognition as a free replacement to Photoshop.
Many users appreciate PhotoScape's editing capabilities, though they may not be as advanced as more complex photo editing software. The app features a main screen displaying the opened image, a file explorer on the left, and editing options at the bottom. These options can be broken down into four categories: home, object, crop, and tools.
However, It does not support layers. The home option allows for standard edits such as resizing and applying effects and filters, while the object option allows for adding text and shapes to the image. The crop option offers various cropping options and the tools category provides specific edits like red-eye removal and a clone stamp feature. Whether or not PhotoScape for Windows 11/10 is suitable for your needs depends on the desired level of editing and the desired final result. While it may not be as versatile as paid software, it is still a great option for basic edits and having fun with photos.
Features and Highlights
- Viewer: View photos in your folder, create a slideshow.
- Editor: resizing, brightness and color adjustment, white balance, backlight correction, frames, balloons, mosaic mode, adding text, drawing pictures, cropping, filters, red-eye removal, blooming, paintbrush, clone stamp, effect brush.
- Batch editor: Batch edit multiple photos.
- Page: Merge multiple photos on the page frame to create one final photo.
- Combine: Attach multiple photos vertically or horizontally to create one final photo.
- Animated GIF: Use multiple photos to create a final animated photo.
- Print: Print portrait shots, carte de visites (CDV), passport photos.
- Splitter: Slice a photo into several pieces.
- Screen Capture: Capture your screenshot and save it.
- Color Picker: Zoom in on images, search and pick a color.
- Rename: Change photo file names in batch mode.
- Raw Converter: Convert RAW to JPG.
- Paper Print: Print lined, graph, music, and calendar paper.
- Face Search: Find similar faces on the Internet.
Also Available: Download PhotoScape for Mac