Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 LATEST
Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / XP64
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Microsoft ActiveSync is the latest sync software release for Windows Mobile-based devices. ActiveSync provides a great synchronization experience with Windows-based PCs and Microsoft Outlook right out of the box.
ActiveSync acts as the gateway between your Windows-based PC and Windows Mobile-based device, enabling the transfer of Outlook information, Office documents, pictures, music, videos and applications to and from your device. In addition to synchronizing with a desktop PC, ActiveSync can synchronize directly with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 so that you can keep your e-mail, calendar data, tasks and contact information updated wirelessly when youre away from your PC. ActiveSync supports PC sync via USB cable, Bluetooth, or infrared connection.
Microsoft ActiveSync Features:
- Faster file transfer speed and photo sync via Outlook are only available for Windows Mobile 5.0 powered devices.
- Remote PC Sync (via WiFi or LAN) has been removed due to Enterprise customer feedback around security issues.
- Customers using Microsoft Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2 with devices running the Messaging and Security Feature Pack for Windows Mobile 5.0 will benefit from the following feature enhancements included in ActiveSync 4.5: Direct Push Technology, local device wipe, and certificate powered authentication to Microsoft Exchange.
- Microsoft® Outlook® 2000 is not supported by ActiveSync 4.5. It is highly recommended that users upgrade to Microsoft® Outlook® 2003 messaging and collaboration client.
- Conversion of database files for use on a mobile device is not supported by ActiveSync 4.5. On previous versions, this feature was limited to devices running Windows Mobile software for Pocket PC 2003 and earlier.
- Conversion of font files for use on a mobile device is not supported by ActiveSync 4.5. On previous versions, this feature was limited to devices running Windows Mobile software for Pocket PC 2003 and earlier.
- Connectivity and synchronization may require separately purchased equipment and/or wireless products (e.g., WiFi card, network software, server hardware, and/or redirector software). Service plans are required for Internet, WiFi and phone access. Features and performance may vary by service provider and are subject to network limitations. See device manufacturer, service provider and/or corporate IT department for details.
Note: Microsoft ActiveSync works only with Windows XP SP2 or earlier. If you have Windows Vista, your synchronization settings will be managed through the Windows Mobile Device Center.