Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 LATEST
Windows 2000 / XP / Vista
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Microsoft ActiveSync 2023 full offline installer setup for PC 32bit/64bit
ActiveSync acts as the gateway between your Windows-based PC and Windows Mobile-based device, enabling the transfer of Outlook information, Office documents, pictures, music, videos and applications to and from your device. In addition to synchronizing with a desktop PC, the app can synchronize directly with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 so that you can keep your e-mail, calendar data, tasks and contact information updated wirelessly when you're away from your PC. Microsoft ActiveSync supports PC sync via USB cable, Bluetooth, or infrared connection.
Features and Highlights
- Faster file transfer speed and photo sync via Outlook are only available for Windows Mobile 5.0 powered devices.
- Remote PC Sync (via WiFi or LAN) has been removed due to Enterprise customer feedback around security issues.
- Customers using Microsoft Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2 with devices running the Messaging and Security Feature Pack for Windows Mobile 5.0 will benefit from the following feature enhancements included in the program: Direct Push Technology, local device wipe, and certificate powered authentication to Microsoft Exchange.
- Microsoft® Outlook® 2000 is not supported by Active Sync. It is highly recommended that users upgrade to Microsoft® Outlook® 2003 messaging and collaboration client.
- The conversion of database files for use on a mobile device is not supported by the tool. In previous versions, this feature was limited to devices running Windows Mobile software for Pocket PC 2003 and earlier.
- The conversion of font files for use on a mobile device is not supported by Active Sync. In previous versions, this feature was limited to devices running Windows Mobile software for Pocket PC 2003 and earlier.
- Connectivity and synchronization may require separately purchased equipment and/or wireless products (e.g., WiFi card, network software, server hardware, and/or redirector software). Service plans are required for the Internet, WiFi, and phone access. Features and performance may vary by the service provider and are subject to network limitations. See the device manufacturer, service provider, and/or corporate IT department for details.
Note: Microsoft ActiveSync works only with Windows XP SP2 or earlier. If you have Windows Vista, your synchronization settings will be managed through the Windows Mobile Device Center.