What's new in this version:
Avocode 3.2.0 (64-bit)
Create a new team with the same e-mail:
- To create a new Avocode team, go to app.avocode.com, click on your profile avatar in the top right corner and then click on “Switch team”. In the pop-up window, click “Create a new team” and name it
Auto-locating missing font files resolved:
- We have found a new technology to recognize font files that are missing in your design, auto-locate them in your Font book (on macOS, Windows, or Linux) and offer for import
Avocode 3.1.1 (64-bit)
Design preview on mobile devices:
- Now, you can finally preview designs on mobile devices when someone sends you a n Avocode sharing link. You can also switch between individual versions of the design. Commenting on mobile devices will be added later on.
- We have fixed an issue in the design name dropdown for quick navigation between design screens. Now, when you switch to a different screen the design name will be changed accordingly.
- We were forced to roll back the auto-recognition of missing font files in the user font book due to unexpected issues that our users have reported. We're currently investigating the issue and hope to add this feature in the upcoming updates.
Avocode 3.1.0 (64-bit)
- Now you can see a list of all colors and fonts (including font-size) that appear in a design (PSD) or artboards (Sketch, XD, Figma) directly in the Inspect mode. Just click off of the design canvas or select the artboard in the layer panel. Then you can pick one color or a font, click on “Show layers”, and all layers with this style will be selected both on the canvas and in the layer panel. If you hold the ALT key and click on a layer in the layer panel, the design canvas will automatically reposition so you can see it. When you're using the Design overview, you can also select a font and click View in Typekit or View on Google Fonts in the dropdown to get to the respective font file in the browser.
Sketch direct import is out of Beta:
- Based on thousands of Sketch files, that were imported during the last months since the introduction of Sketch file direct import, we have optimized our design parser to represent your designs in Avocode even more precisely. If you stumble upon on design import or rendering issues, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drop-down switcher for designs/artboards:
- Finally, you can quickly navigate between Sketch, XD, or Figma artboards directly from the design name breadcrumbs in the Inspect mode or the Comment mode. When it comes to PSD, PNG and JPEG files, the name drop-down will lead to other files in the same project or project subfolder that you're currently in.
Drop-down switcher for design versions:
- There is also a new faster way to change versions. Versions are no longer hidden in a separate tab in the left panel, but the version number (along with a drop-down of all versions) is now next to the name breadcrumbs in the Inspect mode and in the Comment mode.
Missing font file upload:
- If a missing font file appears on your computer, Avocode can now auto-locate the file in your Font book (on macOS, Windows, or Linux) and offer for import. You can also upload missing font files by drag & dropping them to the Font import modal in the Inspect mode.
- 32bit version of the desktop app will no longer be supported
- Since the number of users using 32-bit systems is continually dropping, and the development for 32-bit systems is rather time-consuming (specific bugs and issues appear only on 32-bit systems) we have decided to drop the support completely to dedicate more time to improve Avocode and create new exciting features for the majority of our users. You can still use the 32-bit version of Avocode 3.0, but you won't be receiving any new updates as long as you're on a 32-bit operating system. You will always be able to use the latest web version of Avocode app at app.avocode.com.
- Minor bug fixes
Avocode 3.0.0 (64-bit)
- Light theme: We're excited to introduce you the last bit of the Avocode 3 update - the Light theme! To choose your preferred look, just go to App preferences (CMD/CTRL + ,).
- New Sketch plugin: While you can import Sketch designs directly to Avocode, we're still improving our Sketch plugin. This latest version supports Sketch Symbols with Overrides and Sketch Resizable Symbols. It works hand in hand with our Monroe rendering which means the plugin does fewer tasks during design sync and is significantly faster.
- Code export panel: Based on many user requests Code export is now the default state in the right contextual panel in the Inspect mode. To show layer Styles, just click on the eye icon on top of the Code panel.
- Auto-update: We’ve added a less intrusive way of updating your desktop app. This is good news especially for Linux users since they update overly does no longer show up each time when you launch the desktop app, but there is a static update badge in the top right corner.