Media Player Classic Home Cinema 126.96.36.19958 (32-bit)Date added: September, 29th 2013 - Open Source
Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPCHC) is a free, open source media player, which supports many of the known video file formats, and can play VCD, SVCD and DVDs. Media Player Classic Home Cinema is an extremely light-weight media player for Windows. It looks just like Windows Media Player v6.4, but has many additional features. You can use the player as a Media Player Classic Home Theater.
MPCHC was originally created as Media Player Classic in 2003, a popular video player that required support from external video codecs to achieve multimedia playback. Movement to integrate those codecs directly inside video player paid off in 2006 with the first version of Media Player Classic Home Cinema, who strived to become the best all-on-one player for home multimedia playback. Its large feature set was very quickly expanded to support services that no other video player of its time even tried to conquer – most notably algorithms for removal of video tearing, DirectX hardware acceleration support, Enhanced Video Renderer support, color management, and many more.
Here you can download the latest version of Media Player Classic Home Cinema, and instantly make your PC into highly capable film theater that can manage all video and audio formats with ease. This version of the app was carefully localized for over 30 international languages. Please beware that totally separate Russian version of Media Player Classic exist on the market [Media Player Classic - Black Edition], but its feature set its much smaller than Home Cinema version.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema Features:
- Option to remove Tearing.
- Better support for Windows Vista, including a release for 64 bits platform.
- Support for EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)
- Supports Subtitles.
- Playback and recording of television if a supported TV tuner is installed.
- Creation of minidump when MPC HC crashes.
- OSD (On Screen Display)
- Shuttle PN31 remote control support
- Support Multi-Monitor configuration
- Pixel shader to convert BT601 - BT701
- YV12 Chroma Upsampling pixel shader
- Language Translations.
- All features from the Guliverkli MPC Project from Gabest.
- Remote control for Android devices.
Note: As of July 2006, Media Player Classic is no longer developed. Its feature-identical successor is Media Player Classic - Home Cinema.