MyDefrag 4.3.1 LATEST
Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / Windows 7
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
MyDefrag (formerly known as JKDefrag) is a disk defragmenter and optimizer (a maintenance utility to make your harddisk faster) for Windows all version. It is freeware, no time limit, fully functional, no advertisements. Fast, low overhead, with many optimization strategies, can handle floppies, USB disks, memory sticks, and anything else that looks like a disk to Windows. Included are a set of easy to use scripts for endusers, a scripting engine for demanding users, a screensaver, and a combined Windows plus commandline version that can be scheduled by the Windows task scheduler or for use from administrator scripts.
MyDefrag is extremely solid because it is based on the standard defragmentation API by Microsoft. Most defragmenters are based on this API, including the free defragmenter that comes with Windows and many commercial defragmenters. Basically all MyDefrag does is send "move this file to that location" commands to the API. The API is part of the operating system and can safely move almost any file on the disk, without risk and while the computer is in full use.
Why use MyDefrag instead of the standard Windows defragger?
- Much faster than others.
- Full atomatic, easy to use.
- Fast defragment and optimize the selected disk.
- Reclaims MFT reserved space after disk-full.
- Analyze only the selected disks
- Can defragment full all harddisks.
- Can defragment all large files.
- Can defragment individual directories and files.
- Can be run automatically with the Windows Scheduler.
- Can be used from the commandline.
- Can be used as a screen saver.
- Can be run from cdrom or memory stick.
- Sources available and can be customized.
- Excellent work on the latest Windows7.
- And more features...