Windows 7 and 8 Codecs Standard 2.2.5Date added: October, 24th 2014 - Freeware
Windows 7 and 8 Codecs Standard 2.2.5
Windows 7 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 / Windows 8 64
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Codec pack for Windows 7 and 8 will offer ability to watch movies and clips without downloading or installing separate codec for every video file format. This is perfect package for users who have become accustomed to the video players that are fully relying on the presence of external audio and video codecs on their PC (Windows Media Player, BS Player, Media Player Classic and many others). By installing this Advanced Codecs package, your PC will become capable to reproduce every popular video and audio format, transforming your PC into very capable home theater client.
Same as all other products form developer Shark007, Windows 7 and 8 Codecs will automatically detect, and if it is needed, remove previously installed conflicting codec packs. This will enable your PC to have optimized support for video and audio codecs that will not create any conflicts or inability to reproduce some content. Current state of your audio codecs can be controlled via central dashboard utility, which is recommended to be used only to professionals and seasoned users who had experience in working with multimedia codecs, their deployment and optimization.
The following filetypes are enabled and SUPPORTED by the installation of the Advanced Codecs: amr | mpc | ofr | divx | mka | ape | flac | evo | flv | m4b | mkv | ogg | ogv | ogm | rmvb | xvid. All of the above filetypes can be queued to the Windows Media Player Playlist using a right-click.
Standard Codecs Features:
- Full color thumbnails including FLV's and 10bit MKV's (also allows users to select at what point by percentage to grab the thumbnail)
- Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled filetypes such as MKV and FLV.
- Explorer properties are displayed for non native filetypes such as MKV and FLV
- Updated often - and has update notification builtin
- Allow use of the PDVD12 decoders for 32bit LiveTV
- Supports the use of Xbox360 as Extenders to playback MKV files
- Allows singleclick setup of Bitstreamed Audio
- Support playback of MOD audio files and M4A files containing ALAC
- Supports playlist creation for use in Media Center
- Allow users to Enable/Disable codecs installed on their system
- Funtionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker builtin.
- Support 'Add to Windows Media Player List' using rightclick on all files such as MKV.
Note: Formerly known as Windows 8 Codecs. In the STANDARD release, there is no Haali, FFDshow or Gabest filters. PLEASE UNINSTALL you old version before installing a newer release.