VLC Media Player (64-bit)
VLC Media Player 3.0.18 (64-bit) LATEST
Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64 / Windows 11
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
VLC Media Player (64-bit) 2023 full offline installer setup for PC
With a new audio core, hardware decoding and encoding, port to mobile platforms, preparation for Ultra-HD video and special care to support more formats, 2.1 is a major upgrade for VLC 2023.
Rincewind has a new rendering pipeline for audio, with better efficiency, volume and device management, to improve VLC audio support. It supports many new devices' inputs, formats, metadata and improves most of the current ones, preparing for the next-gen codecs.
How to Use
To use VLC, you will first need to download and install the program on your computer. Once it is installed, you can open it and use the following steps to play a video or audio file:
- Click on the "Media" menu and select "Open File" or "Open Folder" to open the file or folder containing the media you want to play.
- Alternatively, you can also drag and drop a media file into the window.
- Once the file is open, it will begin playing automatically.
- You can use the controls at the bottom of the VLC window to play, pause, fast-forward, and rewind the video or audio.
- You can also use the "Audio" and "Video" menus to adjust the volume, brightness, and other settings.
- To play a playlist, use the "Media" menu and select "Open Playlist" or you can also drag and drop the playlist file into the window
- To customize the interface , you can use the “View” menu to access different skins, and can also access the preferences from tools menu
- To play a DVD, you can use the “Media” menu and select “Open Disc” and choose the DVD option.
- To stream media, use the “Media” menu and select “Open Network Stream” and enter the URL of the stream.
These are just a few basic examples of how to use VLC Player 64bit. The program has many other features and options that you can explore.
UDP/RTP Unicast, UDP/RTP Multicast, HTTP / FTP, MMS, TCP/RTP Unicast, DCCP/RTP Unicast, File, DVD Video, Video CD / VCD, SVCD, Audio CD (no DTS-CD), DVB (Satellite, Digital TV, Cable TV), MPEG encoder, Video acquisition.
MPEG (ES,PS,TS,PVA,MP3), AVI, ASF / WMV / WMA, MP4 / MOV / 3GP, OGG / OGM / Annodex, Matroska (MKV), Real, WAV (including DTS), Raw Audio: DTS, AAC, AC3/A52, Raw DV, FLAC, FLV (Flash), MXF, Nut, Standard MIDI / SMF, Creative™ Voice.
SAP/SDP announces, Bonjour protocol, Mozilla/Firefox plugin, ActiveX plugin, SVCD Menus, Localization, CD-Text, CDDB CD info, IGMPv3, IPv6, MLDv2, CPU acceleration.
Plays all formats
DVD, Text files (MicroDVD, SubRIP, SubViewer, SSA1-5, SAMI, VPlayer), Closed captions, Vobsub, Universal Subtitle Format (USF), SVCD / CVD, DVB, OGM, CMML, Kate. ID3 tags, APEv2, Vorbis comment.
Is VLC Safe to Use?
Yes, VLC Media Player is generally considered safe to use. It is open-source software that has been widely used and trusted by millions of users worldwide. The source code is publicly available and has been reviewed and audited by many security experts, reducing the risk of security vulnerabilities.
What formats does VLC Media Player support?
VLC supports a wide range of audio and video formats, including MP3, MP4, AVI, FLAC, and more.
Is VLC Media Player free to use?
Yes, VLC Player is free and open-source software.
Can VLC Media Player play DVDs and Blu-rays?
Yes, VLC Player can play DVDs and Blu-rays.
Can VLC Media Player stream online content?
Yes, It can stream online content through various protocols, including HTTP, RTP, and RTSP.
How do I take screenshots in VLC Media Player?
To take screenshots in VLC, go to Video > Take Snapshot.
How do I add subtitles to a video in VLC Media Player?
To add subtitles to a video in VLC, go to Subtitle > Add Subtitle File.
How do I change the aspect ratio in VLC Media Player?
To change the aspect ratio in VLC, go to Video > Aspect Ratio and select the desired aspect ratio.
Can I customize the interface of VLC Media Player?
Yes, It allows customization of the interface through skins and customization settings.
Does VLC Media Player support audio and video effects?
Yes, It has audio and video effects, including equalizer, audio spatializer, and more.
Can VLC Media Player be used on multiple platforms?
Yes, VLC Player is available for Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, and iOS.
How to Uninstall VLC
To uninstall VLC Media Player on Windows, follow these steps:
- Go to the Start menu and click on the "Control Panel."
- In the Control Panel, select "Programs and Features."
- Find VLC Media Player in the list of installed programs and click on it.
- Click on the "Uninstall" button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Restart your computer to complete the uninstallation process.
You can also uninstall VLC by using the Windows Settings app. Go to Settings > Apps > Apps and Features, find VLC Media Player, and click "Uninstall."
Features and Highlights
- 8K support (hardware decoding is on by default)
- Chromecast/Google Cast support
- HDR and 10-bit video
- HMDI Audio passthrough
- Network browsing for NAS systems
- 360 video and 3D audio
- Modifying subtitle size live
- Drag and drop support
- HD DVD support
- Rewritten video output core and modules, allowing blending in GPU.
- Shader support in the OpenGL output, for conversion, including 10bits.
- Video outputs for Windows 10 64 bit, 8 and 7, Android, iOS and OS/2.
- Debanding, grain, denoising, and anti-flickering filters.
- Deinterlacing filter, including an Inverse Telecine algorithm.
- Resamplers for higher quality audio.
- Dynamic range compressor and karaoke filters.
- Simplification of the audio core for faster processing.
- Audio outputs for iOS, Android and OS/2.
- Multi-threaded decoding for H.264, MPEG-4/Xvid, and WebM.
- Support for 10bits codecs, WMV image, and some other codecs.
- Rewritten support for images, including jpeg, png, xcf, bmp, etc.
- Important changes in RealVideo and Real Format support.
- CrystalHD cards and Android OpenMAX support for hardware decoding.
- And many more features...
VLC Player is a free, open-source, and cross-platform media player software that can play various multimedia files and streaming protocols. It is known for its versatility and ability to play almost any format without the need for additional codecs. VLC also offers features such as equalizer, playlist management, and support for a wide range of subtitles. With its user-friendly interface and customizable settings, it is a popular choice among users for playing audio and video files.
Also Available: Download VLC Media Player for Mac and VLC Media Player Portable