Emacs 27.1 (32-bit) LATEST
Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Emacs (32-bit) 2022 full offline installer setup for PC
The features of GNU Emacs include:
- Content-aware editing modes, including syntax coloring, for many file types.
- Complete built-in documentation, including a tutorial for new users.
- Full Unicode support for nearly all human scripts.
- Highly customizable, using the app Lisp code or a graphical interface.
- An entire ecosystem of functionality beyond text editing, including a project planner, mail and newsreader, debugger interface, calendar, and more.
- A packaging system for downloading and installing extensions.
Emacs has a wide variety of new features, including:
- A limited form of concurrency with Lisp threads
- Support for optional display of line numbers in the buffer
- It now uses double buffering to reduce flicker on the X Window System
- Flymake has been completely redesigned
- TRAMP has a new connection method for Google Drive
- New single-line horizontal scrolling mode
- A system user unit file is provided
- Support for 24-bit colors on capable text terminals
Note: Unzip the archive preserving the directory structure and run bin\runemacs.exe to start the program. You can create a desktop shortcut to this file for easier use.
Also Available: Download Emacs for Mac