Nikon NEF Codec 1.31.0 LATEST
Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Nikon NEF Codec 2021 full offline installer setup for PC 32bit/64bit
NEF file format is used by Nikon cameras to create image files of very high quality, enabling professional photographers to capture even tiniest details, while still leaving plenty of opportunities left to adjust that image in other professional applications. However, while NEF images can be manipulated by such image editing programs quite easily, the Windows OS cannot load and view them without external plugins. Nikon also supplies a standalone NEF viewer app called ViewNX.
With Nikon NEF Codec, regular Windows image viewers and editors such as Windows Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, and Windows Photo Viewer can now not only load NEF files, but they can also display previews and showcase thumbnails straight inside Windows Explorer!
Installation and Use
Even though this codec pack is focused only on one specific multimedia format, the installation package comes in at over 120MB in size. This large size is needed to provide 100% compatibility with RAW image files created on Nikon cameras that were produced over the last several decades, and also to provide compatibility with all the supported versions of Windows (XP, 7, Vista, 8 and 10).
Thankfully, the installation procedure follows standard steps, requiring you to confirm on-screen instructions and leave the app to do the work by itself. After the installation is finished, it is recommended to fully restart your PC.
With the installation done, all the built-in Windows apps will gain the ability to load and showcase NEF image files.
Features and Highlights
- Enable your Windows PC to take full control over the proprietary NEF RAW image format from Nikon.
- One-stop solution for full compatibility with built-in Windows image viewers and editors.
- Organize your NEF image files without the need to load them into proprietary programs provided by Nikon.
- One installation package covers compatibility with every Windows OS version after Windows XP.
- Updated regularly to extend compatibility with the newest Nikon cameras and Windows OS releases.
- 100% FREE!