RubyInstaller 3.2.3-1 (64-bit) LATEST
Windows XP64 / Vista64 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64 / Windows 11
User RatingClick to vote
Author / Product
RubyInstaller is the easiest and most used Ruby environment on Windows. And Ruby is a great language for beginners as well as professionals. It’s suitable for small scripts as well as large applications. It combines the possibilities of native Windows programs with the rich UNIX toolset of MSYS2 and the large repository of MINGW libraries.
It is a great foundation to use Ruby for development and production, especially if you want to use Ruby for day-to-day scripting or require access to Windows resources like hardware devices, DLLs, OLE, graphical user interfaces, or GPU.
Although the Ruby community is continuously working to get Ruby on Windows as smooth as possible, it’s still slower and less convenient compared to Linux or macOS. Some of the shortcomings are due to Windows operating system internals (like poor shell support) and others are due to the fact that many Ruby developers prefer a UNIX-style system.
Cygwin is another alternative to Ruby Installer 64 bit. It provides a POSIX environment on Windows. Ruby can be installed among many other tools, but can not execute Linux binaries directly (in contrast to WSL). Cygwin offers only a few advantages over RubyInstaller like a better shell and universal UTF-8 support. But it is slower and it’s difficult to use Windows native resources.
Specifically, the goals of the RubyInstaller are:
- Provide an easy-to-use Windows installer for quickly and painlessly installing a fully functioning baseline MRI Ruby environment on Windows platforms.
- Provide an optional Development Kit for those interested in building mswin32-compatible Ruby extensions natively on Windows platforms using an MSys/MinGW-based toolchain.
- Provide a build environment via this project and complementary projects like rake-compiler to help developers easily build Ruby and Ruby C extensions from source code.
- Add value to the growing community of Windows-based Ruby developers by providing a place that summarizes the hard-won lessons and issues with building Ruby and Ruby C extensions natively on Windows.
RubyInstaller 3.2.3-1 (64-bit) Screenshots
The images below have been resized. Click on them to view the screenshots in full size.
- OperaOpera 107.0 Build 5045.36 (64-bit)
- BackUp MakerBackUp Maker 8.300
- PhotoshopAdobe Photoshop CC 2024 25.5 (64-bit)
- iAnyGoTenorshare iAnyGo 4.0.15
- Opera GXOpera GX 107.0.5045.30 (64-bit)
- Adobe AcrobatAdobe Acrobat Pro 2023.008.20533
- BlueStacksBlueStacks - Play on PC 5.20.110
- PrivadoVPNPrivadoVPN 3.8.7
- Data Recovery4DDiG Windows Data Recovery 9.8.6
- Trade IdeasTrade Ideas - AI Stock Trading Signals