Dia Diagram Editor 0.97 LATEST
Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Dia Diagram Editor 2021 full offline installer setup for PC 32bit/64bit
Dia is a diagramming application that can be used to make a large variety of diagrams. It is easy to learn and flexible enough to allow power users to create highly customized diagrams. Below are two simple examples of diagrams that can quickly be created using Dia. A diagram is made up of objects. Objects are shapes or lines that can be of different colors and sizes. Objects can be simple line drawings, text, or full-color pictures. Some objects allow text to be entered inside the shape.
Using Dia Diagram Editor to create a diagram is easy. The Toolbox contains a palette of predefined objects, including simple shapes, lines, and specialized objects. To add an object to the canvas, simply click on the desired object's icon on the Toolbox and then click on the desired point on the canvas. The object will appear on the canvas where you clicked.
All diagrams are drawn on their own canvas. When you first start Dia, a blank canvas is created automatically. At any time, you can create a new canvas by selecting File->New Diagram The canvas may be customized in various ways, such as changing the background color or grid lines.
Dia can be used by many people in a variety of industries.
- A systems engineer can create SADT diagrams for system analysis and design.
- A requirements engineer can compose e.g. RE-KAOS, RE-Jackson, or RE-I* diagrams.
- A software developer can create UML diagrams of various types and extend them with the flexibility of a general-purpose diagram tool.
- A database designer can represent data relations with ER diagrams.
- A control engineer may draw Cybernetics diagrams.
- A computer programmer can create a flow chart to show the execution path of a program.
- A network administrator can create a diagram to model the company's company network.
- An electrical engineer may use the program to create a diagram to show how a circuit works.
- A mechanical engineer may design some Hydraulic or Pneumatic diagrams.
It supports exporting to numerous formats for excellent web publishing. Some of them include:
- Computer Graphics Metafile (.cgm)
- Encapsulated Postscript (.eps)
- Portable Document Format (.pdf)
- Portable Network Graphics (.png)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (.svg)