What's new in this version:
- Tool-group menus can now expand on hover
- Non-destructive cropping now available by cropping the canvas rather than actual pixels
- Better PSD support: exporting of 16-bit files now available, reading/writing channels in the right order
- On-canvas controls for the Vignette filter
- New filters: Bloom, Focus Blur, Lens Blur, Variable Blur
- Blending options now built into filter dialogs
- Over 30 bugfixes
- Painting tools can now save and load opacity and blending mode to/from presets
- Canon CR3 files are now properly recognized by GIMP and sent to your raw developer software of choice
- The TWAIN plug-in used for acquiring images via scanners has been slightly refactored and now supports 16-bit RGB/grayscale images
- PNG and TIFF plug-ins now default to not saving color values when alpha channel is present and 0 itself. This is to address security concerns about using simple cutting to remove sensitive information.
- The PDF plug-in now imports multi-page documents in bottom-first order, similar to animated formats, and also similar to defaults for PDF exporting. This brings consistency but breaks existing behavior in 3rd party scripts.