HP USB Recovery Flash Disk Utility
HP USB Recovery Flash Disk Utility 2.0 LATEST
Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
HP Development Company, L.P. / HP USB Recovery Flash Disk Utility
The requirements for creating a Vista or Windows 7 recovery solution on a USB Flash device include:
- Only one copy of a recovery solution can be created.
- If you have already created or attempted to create recovery discs, do not use the Flash Disk Utility. If the first creation process failed, you can get a replacement recovery disc from HP.
- The computer must have the original HP Vista or Windows 7 configuration, including the recovery partition.
- A USB Recovery solution cannot be created if the original operating system has been changed, or if the Recovery partition has been erased or removed.
- Your USB storage device should have at least 8 GB of available free space. Verify the exact amount of free space on the flash drive before creating the recovery solution. Use a 16 GB flash disc for the best results.
- Connect the USB flash drive to a USB 2.0 connector. The USB recovery Flash Disk creation utility does not recognize USB 3.0 ports.
- USB external hard drives cannot be used.