MakeMKV 1.17.2 Beta LATEST
Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
MakeMKV 2023 full offline installer setup for PC 32bit/64bit
Make MKV is free while in beta, the current free beta key is:
Additionally, MakeMKV for Windows PC can instantly stream decrypted video without intermediate conversion to a wide range of players, so you may watch Blu-ray and DVD discs with your favorite player on your favorite OS or on your favorite device.
MKV stands for "Matroska Video". Matroska is a container file format, capable of holding an unlimited number of video, audio, and subtitle tracks, along with any metadata. Practically this means that it is possible to put the entire movie with multiple sounds and subtitle tracks, chapter information, and movie thumbnail into a single file. Being open and patent-free Matroska gained broad support recently and quickly becomes a de-facto standard for storing movies.
While MKV is a good storage format not always it can be played directly. Playing MKV files on a computer is not an issue - there are many players and codec packs that enable MKV playback on any platform, be it Windows, Mac, or Linux. However many hardware players do not play MKV directly - for that MKV files need to be transcoded into a format that a particular hardware player understands. Since all meta information is preserved in MKV and compressed media data (video, audio, subtitles) is not changed in any way it is always possible to transcode MKV files into the original format. For example, MKV files produced from a Blu-ray disc may be transcoded back to a Bly-ray image or set of M2TS files without any losses by freeware transcoding tools.
Features and Highlights
- Reads DVD and Blu-ray discs
- Reads Blu-ray discs protected with latest versions of AACS and BD+
- Preserves all video and audio tracks, including HD audio
- Preserves chapters information
- Preserves all meta-information (track language, audio type)
- Fast conversion - converts as fast as your drive can read data.
- No additional software is required for conversion or decryption.
- Available for Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Functionality to open DVD discs is free and will always stay free.
- All features (including Blu-ray decryption and processing) are free during BETA.
Note: Converting or streaming Blu-ray discs is shareware functionality. You can use shareware functionality for free during 30-days trial period.
Also Available: Download MakeMKV for Mac