Octane Render 2018.1.2 LATEST
Windows XP64 / Vista64 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Octane Render 2020 full offline installer setup for PC 32bit/64bit
What’s New in the latest version:
- Brigade Engine Integration
- OTOY’s real-time path-tracing game engine ‘Brigade’ has been integrated into the program, making heavy scene loading and interactivity up to 10x to 100x faster. Brigade gives artists instant game-engine like feedback in the Octane app viewport while moving or deforming heavy meshes with millions of triangles.
- Out-of-Core Geometry
- It can render fast out-of-core geometry entirely from CPU memory, with minimal speed loss and viewport lag (even across multiple GPUs) – a first for an unbiased GPU renderer.
- AI Light
- Accelerates light sampling, tracking emissive points in real-time with up to 6-10x speed gains in scenes with many small light sources such as multi-point or spotlights.
- Spectral AI Denoiser
- It introduces groundbreaking machine learning technology to interactively denoise beauty and AOV passes on-the-fly, both in the viewport and for final frame production rendering.
- Unlike other post-processing denoisers, the Spectral AI denoiser operates on internal perceptual models and scene data deep in the engine. Domain-specific AI denoisers help with volumetrics, glass, refractions, SSS, depth of field, and motion blur, reducing render times by 50-100x in noisy scenes.
Features and Highlights
It supports rendering of particulate matter such as clouds, smoke, fog, and fire with varying densities and introduces a unique native primitive type for incredibly detailed micro-surface displacement volumes and surfaces required to render photo-realistic natural and organic materials.
Deep Pixel Rendering
It adds deep pixel rendering support as well as live connecting of DCC and compositing apps through the OctaneRenderer for Nuke® plugin.
The app supports Open Shading Language, enabling artists to create their shaders and bring custom shaders from other software directly into the projects.
Live Texture Baking
OctaneRenderer supports unbiased GPU texture baking (UV or volumetric) of global illumination, spherical harmonics and, 8D light fields.
Leveraging the power of the GPU, It can render final quality images 10x to 50x faster than CPU-based, unbiased rendering engines. That means, no more "get up and wait" in your workflow.
The app's on-screen viewport is the final render. Any changes to the scene are instantly updated on the screen allowing you to tweak any setting and view the results immediately.
It supports HDRI, mesh emitters, IES files, and a planetary sun/sky system. Rotate an HDRI file to position it in your scene, or turn any object into a mesh light by enabling the emission property of the material. With the additional Light Linking and Light Exclusion features, the Render app allows you to manipulate the lighting in a scene, however, you choose.
It supports subsurface light scattering (SSS), complex IOR, chromatic dispersion, and absorption to create some of the best materials in the industry. Use the node editor to create complex materials from procedural textures, or quickly pull material from OctaneLive Material Database. In addition to OSL Textures, It supports metallic materials, toon shaders, and allows importing complex PBR textures through a universal uber material node.
Turn your photorealistic renders into dynamic, toon-shaded scenes with just one material application.
Render noise-free images in a fraction of the time with OctaneRender’s denoising implementation with huge advantages over OptiX™.
Out of Core Geometry
It can render fast out-of-core geometry from CPU memory, with minimal speed loss, even across multiple GPUs - a first for an unbiased GPU renderer.
- Physically-based / Spectral Light Transport
- Unbiased and Direct Lighting / Ambient Occlusion
- Custom Sampling Algorithm (Custom MLT-like implementation)
- Multiple GPU Support
- Geometry Instances
- Render Passes
- Object Visibility (On / Off for Shadow Casting / Camera Visibility)
- Displacement Mapping
- Object Motion Blur
- Hair / Fur Primitives
- OpenSubDiv Surfaces
- Region Rendering
- Network Rendering
- HDRI + Sun Environment
- Packaging to .ORBX File (Archive of all Scene Data/Resources)
- Animation Support via Alembic Format
- Pause / Resume Render
- Built-in Firefly Removal Tool
- Info-Channel Kernel Mode
- Stereo Modes
- Post-Processing Settings
- Out-of-Core Textures Support
- Integration Kernal Tile and Sampling Control Options
- Volume Rendering
- Texture Animation Support
- Texture Baking System
- Deep Image Rendering
- Export to Cloud Option
- Photoshop Compositing Extension
- Octane AI System (for Out-of-Core Geometry, Emissive Objects, Sub-surface Scattering, Denoiser, and Viewport)
- Integrated Brigade Game Engine (for Low-Level API Game Engine Integrations)
- UDIM and Complex PBR Textures Support
- GPU Texture Compression
The demo version has the following limitations:
- Render resolution output is locked to 1000×600 pixels
- Project and render output cannot be saved
- Online LiveDB material database functionality is not included
- Render output contains water marks (Octane logo and stripes)
- No network rendering