Scratch Desktop 3.29.1 LATEST
Windows 10 (32-bit) / Windows 10 (64-bit) / Windows 11
User RatingClick to vote
Author / Product
Scratch 3.29.1 Setup.exe
With this kind of approach, Scratch Offline Editor successfully manages to not only intellectually engage children of a very young age and give them the countless amount of fun with visually appealing creations that can be shared online, but also provide them with a solid foundation on which they can build their programming prowess.
The entire suite of tools of Scratch for PC is located inside a very intuitive interface layout that prioritizes the creation of custom scripts for various aspects of animation projects. However Instead of making such code by text, this app provides visual feedback by allowing kids to essentially place building blocks made of common programming concepts – input events, moving of objects, playing of sounds, setting variables, changing volume, interactive elements, and many more. These coding elements are separated into nine separate tabs – Motion, Looks, Sound, Events, Control, Sensing, Operators, Variables, and My Blocks.
The app of course also features a large canvas area for adding and positioning of visual code blocks, layer selector, tools for precise on-screen positioning, background selector, and a large preview screen. Other areas of the app include a special editor for sprites (here called “Costumes) and a sound editor with a wide variety of tools. Backdrops and Sprites can be selected from the built-in library, or imported from your PC. There is even an extensive Tutorial area that covers tips and procedures needed for making all types of projects – Animation, Art, Music, Games, and Stories.
Scratch's offline editor effortlessly combines the fun of playing a video game with the intellectual challenge of actually building one. Optimized for children, but available to everyone, this app represents a perfect starting point for anyone who wants to learn more about coding and animation without engrossing themselves in mountains of programming code.
MIT Scratch Desktop is 100% FREE offline editor, is optimized for use on Windows 10 and Windows 11 OS, and has built-in support for over 40 international languages.
How to Use
- Download the Scratch application from the official website or FileHorse.
- Install the application on your computer.
- Launch the Scratch application.
- You can start using Scratch app without creating an account, but if you want to save your projects, you will need to create an account.
- Explore the tutorials and sample projects to get a better understanding of how to use the application.
- Start creating your own projects by dragging and dropping code blocks, adding characters and animations, and testing your code.
- Save your projects by logging in to your Scratch account or by downloading your project as a .sb3 file.
Scratch is a free application that can be used online or offline, without the need to create an account. This eliminates any barriers for users who want to get started with learning to code. The app features color-coded elements, making it easy for kids to understand and grasp the basic programming concepts. The application also has built-in tutorials and community discussions that are accessible to all users.
While MIT Scratch is a great starting point, it may not be enough to help children transition to more advanced programming languages. However, the application is ideal for kids below the age of six, who have a junior version of the program available to them.
The app is not just a tool for learning to code; it also provides an opportunity for kids to be creative and innovative. Children can use the application to send commands, create programs, games, presentations, and even applications. With the help of tutorials and community discussions, kids can overcome the learning curve and get started with coding.
Is Scratch Free?
The application is easy to use, free to download, and provides a fun and interactive way for kids to learn basic programming concepts. With Scratch, kids can develop their coding skills and gain the confidence they need to pursue more advanced programming languages.
In conclusion, if you are looking to introduce your children to coding and programming, MIT Scratch is an excellent option to consider.
Also Available: Download Scratch for Mac
Scratch Desktop 3.29.1 Screenshots
The images below have been resized. Click on them to view the screenshots in full size.
- OperaOpera 107.0 Build 5045.36 (64-bit)
- BackUp MakerBackUp Maker 8.300
- PhotoshopAdobe Photoshop CC 2024 25.5 (64-bit)
- iAnyGoTenorshare iAnyGo 4.0.15
- Opera GXOpera GX 107.0.5045.30 (64-bit)
- Adobe AcrobatAdobe Acrobat Pro 2023.008.20555
- BlueStacksBlueStacks - Play on PC 5.20.110
- PrivadoVPNPrivadoVPN 3.8.7
- Data Recovery4DDiG Windows Data Recovery 9.8.6
- Trade IdeasTrade Ideas - AI Stock Trading Signals