Songr 2.1 LATEST
Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Songr 2020 full offline installer setup for PC 32bit/64bit
Features and Highlights
- Songr aggregates result from 16 mp3 search engines
- Full album search
- Available languages: English, Español, Deutsch, Português, Français, Italiano, Norsk, Dansk, Nederlands, Türkçe, Български, Magyar, Chinese (Traditional), Latviešu, Româna, 한국어, Indonesia, Català, Ελληνικά, Hebrew, Polski, Euskera, Русский, Svenska, Nederlands
- Download HQ/HD YouTube videos and optionally extract the audio track as mp3
- It grays out low bitrate preview-only and mp3s
- Intelligent sorting: It tries to display high-quality mp3s on the top of the list
- Double-clicking a mp3 file opens it directly in Windows Media Player
- It converts links that point to a web page instead of the mp3 file
- It makes possible to discover the name of a song by typing some words in the Search by lyrics panel and listen to a preview of the song
- Automatic updates check, to get more search engine connectors
- Automatic mode
- Links to buy music from Amazon and Rhapsody
- Spell checker
- Log file
- It's freeware, without ads or restrictions
Does Songr work behind a proxy?
Yes, It uses the default system proxy. Even if you use Firefox as your browser, you have to set the Internet Explorer proxy because it is the system-wide proxy for every application (Control Panel, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings)
How can Songr get the results from these search engines?
It downloads the web page with the search result for every search engine and quickly identifies the url of the mp3 file and other metadata using the html tags near the data.
How do I use the Search by lyrics feature?
Start program, click Search by lyrics, type a few words and press ENTER. Right-click -> Preview to listen to a preview. If it is the right song, double click it to search for mp3 files.
How does the Search by lyrics feature work?
It searches the words you typed in Bing plus adding "lyrics" to the query, reads the titles of the results, filters them using heuristic techniques and tries to restore the original case.
Note: The Software does not index nor host any mp3 files, it's just a desktop interface to third party mp3 search engines. It has no control over any web sites or resources which are provided by companies or persons other than Songr. This product is no longer maintained.