VMware ThinApp 5.2.7 LATEST
Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
VMware ThinApp 2020 full offline installer setup for PC 32bit/64bit
When migrating from prior Windows OS versions, migrate legacy web applications that rely on Internet Explorer 6 by virtualizing IE6 along with the application.
Eliminate application conflicts by isolating applications from each other and the underlying OS into a single executable file that can be easily deployed to many endpoints, independently or with App Volumes.
Enable multiple applications and "sandboxed" user-specific configuration data to reside safely on the same server. Deploy ThinApp packages on "locked-down" PCs and allow end-users to run their favorite applications without compromising security.
Features and Highlights
OS Migrations Made Easy
Quickly migrate your legacy applications to Windows 7 or Windows 10 without the need to recode, retest and recertify. Automatically convert silent-installed applications to packages. If you've already packaged applications with ThinApp for use on XP or older versions of Windows convert them to the Windows format with ThinApp's Relink feature.
Application Isolation for Zero Conflicts
Package an entire 32-bit or 64-bit application and its settings into a single .MSI or .EXE executable that can be deployed to many Windows operating environments. Virtual applications are isolated from each other and execute independently without making changes to the underlying operating system, eliminating application-to-application conflict and application-to-OS conflicts. The app packages can be delivered and managed with App Volumes for complete lifecycle management.
No Application Silos
The traditional IT model of one application per server requires dedicated hardware for specific applications that cannot coexist, whether for technical reasons or concerns about data isolation. It eliminates these application silos for better use of existing assets while making your applications easier to manage and deploy.
Security without System Changes
Applications can run in restricted user accounts on locked-down PCs with no system changes and without reducing the security policy. ThinApp has no kernel-mode code and cannot violate the machine group policy applied to the user. It cannot give application-elevated permissions to devices on the machine, which prevents unintended policy violations.
Whether on the road or in the office, users require reliable and flexible application access across devices. With ThinApp, users don't need to install software or device drivers and don't need admin rights. Applications run directly from portable storage devices, including Flash drives.
- Application isolation: Isolated applications run in a virtual bubble in restricted user accounts without requiring any host
- modification: Deploy Office 97, 2003, 2007, and .NET applications on the same OS without conflict as the applications run independently of one another.
- Zero-runtime execution: With no installed agent, no footprint is left on the endpoint device. Applications run directly from the compressed state without first caching data to the hard disk, achieving better performance and security of data.
- 100% User Mode execution: Client runs on locked-down, unmanaged “kiosk” PCs without Admin rights to execute applications, enabling it to be used on managed and unmanaged PC.
- Block-by-block network streaming: Applications virtualized execute once the minimum amount of code required to run the application is available in the desktop’s memory. For example, less than 10% of Microsoft Office needs to be physically streamed to the client in order for it to run. LAN streaming has an average start-up time of just a few seconds.
- Sandbox environments for terminal services: Provide sandboxing for applications running in a terminal services environment so that multiple users can run their own sandboxed application without affecting each other. If one instance of the application tries to make system-wide changes, other users running the same applications are not affected.
- 64-bit operating system support: Enables applications to be virtualized and run on 64-bit systems.
- Execution on thin clients: Tested and certified to run virtualized applications on Windows XP-based thin clients.
Note: 60 days trial version. In order to test the application, you need a license key that can be obtained for free from VMware. Simply create an account on the company's website and request an evaluation key for the app.