Windows XP64 / Vista64 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
WinRAR 64bit is the most widely used compression software globally, with a user base of over 500 million people. It is compatible with the latest version of Windows 11™ and Windows 10™, and it is available in over 50 languages, both in 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Furthermore, it is compatible with multiple operating systems, and it is the only compression tool that supports Unicode.
WinRAR's main features are very strong general and multimedia compression, solid compression, archive protection from damage, processing of ZIP and other non-RAR archives, scanning archives for viruses, programmable self-extracting archives (SFX), authenticity verification, NTFS and Unicode support, strong AES encryption, support of multivolume archives, command line and graphical interface, drag-and-drop facility, wizard interface, theme support, folder tree panel, multithread support, and Windows x64 shell integration.
It provides complete support for RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack and convert CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, Z, 7-Zip archives. It is available in over 50 languages.
How to Use
Here are the basic steps to using WinRAR:
- Download and install WinRAR from the official website or FileHorse.com.
- Once installed, open the app by double-clicking on a RAR file or by right-clicking on a RAR file and choosing "Extract files" from the context menu.
- To create a new archive, click on the "File" menu and select "New Archive." You can also use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+N" to create a new archive.
- To add files to an archive, you can drag and drop them into the window or click on the "Add" button and navigate to the files you want to add.
- To extract files from an archive, navigate to the archive in Windows Explorer and double-click on it to open it in the app. Then, click on the "Extract To" button or use the keyboard shortcut "Alt+E." You can also right-click on the archive and select "Extract files" from the context menu.
- You can also password-protect your archive by clicking on the "Advanced" button and then choosing "Set Password"
- You can also create a self-extracting file by clicking on the "Advanced" button and then choosing "Make SFX archive"
- Once you have finished compressing or extracting files, you can close the program.
Please note that the above steps are just a general guidance and the menu and options can be different depending on the version of the Winrar you are using.
How do I extract files with WinRAR?
In order to extract a file using Win RAR in the shell mode, you must first open the required archive in the app. This may be achieved in one of several ways: double-click or press Enter on the archive name in the Windows shell (Explorer or Desktop). If the tool was associated with archives during installation (the default installation option), an archive will be opened in the program. You also may associate the tool for PC with archives after installation using the Integration settings dialog; double-click or press Enter on the archive name in the WinRAR window.
How do I handle RAR files?
It provides complete support for RAR files, so you may both create and unpack them. If you installed the program on your computer and downloaded a RAR file from the Internet, you may double click on the RAR file icon to open it in Win RAR, select all files, press the "Extract To" button, enter a destination path and press "OK".
What is the maximum file and archive size limitation?
The size of a RAR or ZIP archive, as well as the size of any single file within a RAR archive, is limited to 8,589,934,591 GB (9,223,372,036,854,775,807 bytes). Note that to create archives larger than 4 GB, you need to use NTFS, as older file systems do not support such large files.
I get an error like "CRC failed in a file name. The file is corrupt"!
File data are corrupt. Archives may be damaged after creation. In this case, it is sometimes possible to repair it if it has the recovery record. It also could have been broken while creating, due to hardware failures (usually caused by an over-clocked CPU or unreliable memory).
Is WinRAR Safe to Use?
The WinRAR software is safe and secure to download and install. However, it is important to exercise caution when working with external files, especially those obtained from emails or web browsers, before compressing or extracting them using the app. These files may potentially contain malware that can harm the application and the device it is installed on, whether it be an Android, Mac or PC.
Note: 40 days trial version.
Also Available: Download RAR for Mac