WizTree 4.06 LATEST
Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
WizTree 2021 full offline installer setup for PC 32bit/64bit
When scanning NTFS formatted hard drives (most modern hard drives use this format), It reads the hard drive's Master File Table (MFT) directly from the disk. The MFT is a special hidden file used by the NTFS file system to keep track of all files and folders on a hard drive. Scanning for files this way completely bypasses the operating system (Windows) and provides a huge performance boost.
Exporting WizTree File Data to CSV File
Press Ctrl+Alt+E or right-click on a file/folder and select "Export to CSV file...". The selected files and/or folders will be exported to a comma-separated value file (.CSV format). The information exported will depend on which view is currently active (Tree View or File View). If no files or folders are selected then ALL files and folders will be exported.
Copying file/folder data to Clipboard
Press Ctrl+Alt+C or right-click on a file/folder and select "Copy file and size info to clipboard". File size and name information will be copied to the clipboard in a human-friendly format, suitable for pasting into emails, support forum posts, or text documents. The files will be indented to match the current tree structure, and only currently visible files within the selection will be included.
Command Line Export
As of WizTree 3.18, it's now possible to automatically export file data to the CSV file via the command line.
Command Line MFT Dump
As of WizTree version 3.22, it's possible to dump the MFT file via the command line.
Features and Highlights
- Finds the files and folders using the most space on your hard drive
- VERY Fast! It reads the master file table (MFT) directly from NTFS formatted hard drives (similar to the way Everything Search Engine works)
- Visual Treemap allows you to spot large files and large collections of smaller files at a glance
- Finds the largest files on your hard drive. Every single file on your hard drive can be sorted in order of size.
- File Name Search - quickly locate files by name or wildcard match
- Export file data to CSV (comma-separated values) file or clipboard
- Import CSV file data back into Wiz Tree for viewing
- Command-line CSV file export
- Sort the contents of your entire hard drive by folder size and optionally delete files and folders
- Scan ALL hard drive file system types (NTFS, FAT, FAT32, network, etc) and/or individual folders