SopCast 3.8.3Date added: June, 27th 2013 - Freeware
Windows (All Versions)
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
SopCast is a free internet media streaming app that allows everyone to access TV, video, and music channels over the web directly from a standalone app that can be easily controlled. The only thing you need to access thousands of live channels is the SopCast application broadband connection. If you have that, then untold amount of live programs, documentaries, films, TV shows, music videos and other content is ready to be watched on the monitor of your PC. Video reproduction is routed not to internal video player, but to external players that you need to install on your PC (Windows Media Player, VLC, RealPlayer, and others).
Main dashboard of SopCast is available only to users who have created a free user account, but anyone has the ability to choose to login as anonymous member which will lock out some features of the program (namely user customizations, playlists and similar services that are identity-bound). After login, simple dashboard presents itself, housing five main tabs (Home, Live Channels, Rec. Channels, MyServer,FAQ) and several tools for accessing app customization options.
SopCast is by default reproducing internet streams using Windows Media Player, but if you like, you can configure it to use other players such as Miro or VLC. You can event set up your own broadcasting stream that will be uploaded to online audience via P2P connection. You even have the ability to broadcast more than one channel to the internet, and embed your streams directly into websites via easy to use embed code.
- State-of-the-art P2P technology. Share the data among all viewers, make the channel more available and stable.
- Minimal delay in the P2P streaming market.
- Fast buffering. 10-30 seconds.
- Firewall and NAT traversal technology to pass 90% P2P barriers.
- Build your own channels and broadcast it over the Internet.
- Streaming real time streams. Support for many streaming transport protocol. mms, http, etc.
- Streaming media files. Many file types: asf, wmv, rm, rmvb, mp3, etc.
- Support for loop file playing.
- Extremely low memory footprint and CPU load.
- Standard channel URL: click on any sop:// URL to play.
- Real time monitor of broadcasting source quality and network quality to help viewers to select a appropriate channel.
- Record the clips when you are watching it.
- Can play the stream with your favorite player, such as Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, VLC, etc.
- Memory buffering, no harm to the hard disk.
- Support for authentication for both the broadcasters and the viewers. The broadcaster has full control on his channels.
- End-to-End security, encrypted messages, hi level P2P security, no hijack.
- Support multiple channels broadcast on the same server. Normally, you can run 5-10 channels on one PC.
- The Sop Player can be embedded into a webpage or any software applications. It works just like Windows Media Player.
- The Sop Server and Sop Player can be run both on Windows and Linux. The whole system can be ported to embedded Linux.