What's new in this version:
- File association option for JAR files is off by default in WinRAR installer unless you enabled it earlier in previous WinRAR versions. You need to enable this option manually if you wish to associate WinRAR with *.jar.
Unless "Allow absolute paths in symbolic links" extraction dialog option or -ola command line switch are specified, WinRAR does not allow to extract symbolic links with ".." in target if any of link path components is an existing symbolic link itself. It is done to prevent bypassing WinRAR security checks with chains from several symbolic links.
- if "Add" command was used from inside of archive opened in WinRAR interface, "file not found" error could be issued for files which pathnames included spaces
- fixed crashes when unpacking corrupt RAR archives
- "rar a arc. filename" command created "arc." archive with trailing dot instead of expected "arc" without any extension
- "New folder" button in extraction dialog selected a parent of newly created folder instead of such folder itself
- "Checksum error" could be mistakenly reported for some valid GZIP archives