DiskCryptor 1.1.846.118 LATEST
Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
DiskCryptor 2020 full offline installer setup for PC 32bit/64bit
Originally It was developed as a replacement for DriveCrypt Plus Pack and PGP WDE. However, the current aim of the project is to create the best product in its category. Moreover, in the future, considerable effort will be devoted to the creation of detailed documentation, explaining the internal mechanics of the program, which would be the best confirmation and demonstration of its security.
It releases from 0.1 to 0.4 were fully compatible with TrueCrypt, as they used a corresponding partition format and encrypted data with the AES-256 algorithm in LRW mode. Starting from DiskCryptor, the program relies upon its own partition format, developed specifically for encrypting partitions with data on them, as TrueCrypt format has been originally meant for the creation of empty volumes. That move allowed for an increase in Disk Cryptor's stability eliminated many problems associated with file systems and created an optimal format for further development of the program.
DiskCryptor supports AES-256, Twofish, and Serpent encryption algorithms. Extra cautions users can also choose to use a combination of cascaded algorithms, which would keep data safe even in case if one of the algorithms would be broken. The encryption key is randomly generated and is stored in an encrypted form, in the first sector of a volume. The guarantee of safe cryptographic algorithm implementations is that they are verified by a built-in test according to official test vectors, and open-source code assures that no backdoors are present in the program.
Features and Highlights
- Support for encryption algorithm AES, Twofish, Serpent, including their combinations.
- Transparent encryption of disk partitions.
- Full support for dynamic disks.
- Support for disk devices with large sector sizes (important for hardware RAID operation).
- High performance, comparable to the efficiency of a non-encrypted system.
- Support for hardware AES acceleration
- AES-NI instruction set on new Intel CPU;
- PadLock extensions on VIA processors.
- Broad choice in configuration of booting an encrypted OS. Support for various multi-boot options.
- Full compatibility with third-party boot loaders (LILO, GRUB, etc.).
- Encryption of system and bootable partitions with pre-boot authentication.
- Option to place boot loader on external medium and to authenticate using the key medium.
- Support for key files.
- Full support for external storage devices.
- Option to create encrypted CD and DVD disks.
- Full support for encryption of external USB storage devices.
- Automatic mounting of disk partitions and external storage devices.
- Support for hotkeys and optional command-line interface (CLI).