Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Developers of EF Commander Free have spent a lot of effort on making sure the program interface can equally serve both novices who want a fast and easy way to control their data and experienced users who want to deeply customize every aspect of their daily work. Some of the popular options include fully customizable tabs, customized fonts, colors, and user-defined columns, the ability to add or edit keyboard shortcuts, and more.
Features and Highlights
One of the most celebrated achievements of the tool is its ability to natively support a direct link to PDAs with Windows CE operating system, which no other file manager was able to do when this feature was originally introduced. In addition to this feature, the app also has built-in support for online networking via FTP standard, support for integration with Nero Burning ROM, and management of over 20 types of compressed data archives.
Here is the full listing of key features of EF Commander:
- An optimized interface that allows deep customization
- Tabbed interface for easier management of your local or remote data.
- Built-in media player that can handle several formats of HQ audio (WAV, MP3 (with ID3 Tag support), Ogg/Vorbis, FLAC, and WMA).
- Text and HEX editor
- Thumbnail support for enabling easier sorting of your images.
- Powerful multi-rename tool
- File joiner and splitter
- Checksum creation and verification
- Parallel file operation, for boosting the performance of larger file management tasks.
- Support for direct link communication to PDAs with Windows CE. Gain direct access like PDA files is just another external storage drive.
- Direct support for over 20 types of compressed data archives (including ZIP, RAR, 7-ZIP, ISO, ARC, ARJ, CAB, and others).
- Fast FTP/FTPS client for effortless management of remote data.
- Synchronization tool for easier copying of data between your various devices.
- External plugin support for expanding the functionality of the app with various packers, viewers, file systems, and other services. Plugins have to be in WLX, WCX, WFX, and Winamp decode formats.
- Built-in support for communication with 3rd party programs such as Nero Burning ROM, Irfan View, and XnView.
- Support for over 20 languages
EFCommander is offered as a 30-day trial shareware application. During that period users have unrestricted access to all of its functionality, with only startup nag screen reminding them to purchase a fully unlocked version of the app.
Note: 30 days trial version.