What's new in this version:
Google AdWords Editor 12.5.2
More text in expanded text ads:
- We recently made changes to expanded text ads so that you have more room to convey your message to customers. Now you can add a third headline and a second description, and each description field has a 90-character limit
New description line for Dynamic Search Ads:
- Dynamic Search Ads have more space for you to get your message across to potential customers. Now you can add a second description line, and both description fields have a 90-character limit
Longer descriptions for call-only ads:
- In call-only ads, the character limit on the description field has been increased to 90 characters
New custom rule: Sitelinks with no descriptions:
- Sitelink extensions with description text can improve your CTR, and this custom rule will warn you if you try to add or edit sitelink feed items that don’t have description text associated with them
Google AdWords Editor 12.4.1
- Change log not available for this version
Google AdWords Editor 12.3.1
View a Search terms report:
- View and download reports about your search terms. This update also includes tools to add keywords and add negative keywords. Learn more about the search terms report
Use filter functions:
- With filter functions, you can use powerful queries that combine filters in new ways to find highly specific items in your AdWords account. Learn more about using functions
Make edits in CSV import:
- When making edits in CSV imports, you may specify 2 separate columns for each field, such as text ad headlines and descriptions. One column holds the original value and is used for lookup, while the other holds the new value, to be applied as an edit. Learn more about columns in the CSV file
Account-level extension associations:
- You can attach ad extensions at the account level, in addition to campaign and ad group levels. Learn more about account-level extension associations in CSV file creation
Interest categories in Search and Shopping campaigns:
- Previously, you were able to add audience interest categories to Display and Video campaigns only. Now you can add them to Search and Shopping campaigns at the campaign and ad group level, which lets those campaigns reach affinity and in-market audiences.
Custom intent audiences:
- With custom intent audiences, you can reach people that intend to make a purchase. Learn more about audience targeting
TrueView for action:
- TrueView for action campaigns (Video campaigns created with the “Drive conversions” subtype) are supported, which includes calls-to-action (CTAs) and headlines. Learn more about TrueView campaigns in AdWords Editor
Shopping inventory filters:
- Inventory filters for Shopping campaigns are now supported. These may be edited via CSV import
- In some views, such as for table data, certain columns can be frozen on the left-hand side for easy horizontal scrolling, letting you more easily track items
Faster policy reviews when uploading ads:
- For text ads, an improved policy check speeds the time to upload your ads
Responsive search ads:
- A beta release of responsive search ads is now available in AdWords Editor. Reach out to your account management team or contact us if you have any questions about responsive search ads
Google AdWords Editor 12.2.1
- AdWords Editor version 12.2 features several updates, including Gmail asset-based ads, full support for promotion and video extensions, and a new budget type option for video ads
Gmail asset-based ads:
- Asset-based ads in Gmail are now fully supported in AdWords Editor
Campaign total budgets:
- Video campaigns now have the option of choosing Campaign Total budget type
Custom rules updated:
- New built-in custom rules are now available for structured snippet extensions and non-serving campaigns and ad groups
- You can now set a bid modifier to target your ads by location with AdWords Editor
- Promotion extensions are now fully supported by AdWords Editor
- “Life events” is now a category of audience targeting
Video campaign extensions:
- All video campaign extensions are now supported
Ad group level ad rotation:
- Ad groups can now be set to so ads rotate
Expanded language targeting:
- Campaign language targeting in now available for Bengali, Tamil, and Telugu
Google AdWords Editor 12.1
Expanded Dynamic Search ads:
- You can now use AdWords Editor to create and edit expanded Dynamic search ads
- AdWords Editor now supports Shopping Showcase ads and ad group types
New campaign goal for UAC:
- Universal app campaigns now include the “In-app actions” goal to target users who are likely to complete the specific in-app actions you’ve set up for your campaign
First position bidding:
- The Advanced Bid Changes tool now includes First position bidding to help you get the most reach for your budget
Keyword display tools:
- The new Keyword display width column shows the length of keyword text in display units to help users judge text limit. Note: This column will be hidden by default
Show campaign violations:
- You can now view campaign and ad groups that violate your custom rules. These violations will not be separate from other error and warning messages in your account
Download more metrics:
- You can now download metrics for first position bid, ad relevancy, landing page experience, and click-through-rate
Google AdWords Editor 12.0.4
- This version lets you create and edit custom rules that notify you of violations to best practices before posting changes
Faster version downloads:
- AdWords Editor now migrates more of your data from the previous version when you download a new one. This makes downloading a new version of AdWords Editor faster
- Version 12 features a new design with easier navigation
Maximum conversions bidding:
- This version provides full support for the Maximum conversions bid strategy
More videos and images for universal app campaigns:
- You can now include up to 20 videos and 20 images in universal app campaigns
New optional fields for responsive ads:
- Several optional fields have been added for responsive ads, including “4:1 logo,” “Price prefix,” “Promotion text,” and “Call to action text.”
Google AdWords Editor 12.0
- Custom rules help you build high-performing campaigns
- Faster account downloads for new AdWords Editor versions
- A new look and feel
AdWords Editor 11.8
Campaign-level remarketing lists:
- Version 11.8 lets you add remarketing lists across your campaigns. Keep in mind that campaigns can only have campaign-level or ad group-level remarketing lists—not both.
- You can now create and edit price extensions using AdWords Editor. Price extensions showcase your business’s offerings in detail, so people can find what they want more quickly through your ad.
Revert edits across campaigns and ad groups:
- A new “Revert with all included items” option on the “Edit” menu lets you revert all edits made to campaigns or ad groups, along with all of their included items.
- Version 11.8 lets you save images for image ads or responsive ads to a folder.
Square image requirement:
- Square images for responsive ads are now required when creating or editing an ad.
AdWords Editor 11.7
Export expanded text ads as responsive ads:
- Version 11.7 lets you use the “Export as” feature to convert expanded text ads into responsive ads.
- You can now create, edit, and remove location extensions. Keep in mind that linking to Google My Business accounts isn’t supported.
- This version fully supports bumper ads, a short video ad format designed to allow you to reach more customers and increase awareness about your brand by using a short, memorable message.
Gmail multi-product promotion template:
- You can now use AdWords Editor to create and edit Gmail ads using the multi-product promotion template.
Square images for responsive ads:
- Square images for responsive ads are now supported.
More frequency options for video campaigns:
- In addition to “per campaign,” you can now also use “per ad group” and “per ad” frequency capping for video campaigns.
Google AdWords Editor 11.6
- Change log not available for this version
Google AdWords Editor 11.5.9
- Change log not available for this version
Google AdWords Editor 11.5.8
Expanded text ads:
- This version provides full support for expanded text ads
- Several improvements were made to the search bar to make it easier to find what you're looking for
Multiple account posting:
- You can now post changes to multiple accounts at the same time
Mobile app engagement ads:
- Version 11.5 lets you create and edit mobile app engagement ads
- This version provides full support for structured snippets, which allow your ads to highlight specific aspects of your products and services
Multiple account import and export:
- You can now import a CSV file into multiple accounts and export more than one account into a single CSV file.
Filter by type:
- When downloading campaigns, you can now use the “Select by type” option to choose certain types of campaigns, such as all Shopping campaigns.
Sorting multiple columns:
- Version 11.5 lets you sort multiple columns.
Aggressive targeting optimization:
- New ad groups created in mobile app installs campaigns are set to “aggressive targeting optimization” by default.
Optional landscape image for app install ads:
- Version 11.5 lets you upload an optional landscape image when you create an app install ad.
Google AdWords Editor 11.5.7
- Expanded text ads: AdWords Editor 11.5 provides full support for expanded text ads. Expanded text ads offer nearly 50% more ad text for you to highlight your products and services before people even click into your ad. It’s important to take advantage of expanded text ads as soon as possible because after October 26th, 2016, you’ll no longer be able to create or edit standard text ads. AdWords Editor lets you create and edit expanded text ads at scale so you can easily migrate all of your standard text ads before this date. To help you get started, check out our best practices guide.
- Mobile app engagement ads: Mobile app engagement ads are a great choice if you want to help existing app users take action in your app. You can now create and edit mobile app engagement ads in AdWords Editor, making it easier to reach more of the right app users with the right message.
- Import, export, and posting for multiple accounts: We’re always looking for new ways to make managing accounts easier and more efficient. With this latest version of AdWords Editor, you can post changes to multiple accounts at the same time, import a CSV file into multiple accounts, and export more than one account into a single CSV file.
- Structured snippet extensions: Structured snippets let you highlight features of a specific product or describe the range of products or services your business offers. AdWords Editor now allows you to create and edit structured snippets at scale.
- AdWords Editor 11.5 also provides support for filtering by type when downloading campaigns, aggressive targeting optimization for mobile app installs campaigns, multi-column sorting, and enhancements to advanced search.
Google AdWords Editor 11.4.3
- Faster campaign creation: The “Add campaign” button now has a drop-down menu that lets you select which campaign type to create. When you create campaigns this way, certain default settings specific to campaign types will be set. For example, for video campaigns, bidding is set to Manual CPV, video settings are enabled, and two content exclusions are pre-configured. For Shopping campaigns, languages are set to “all.”
- Ads and extensions are separated in navigation: In the type list, ads and extensions are now separated into two sections: “Ads” and “Ad extensions.”
- App extensions: You can now create and edit app extensions in AdWords Editor. App extensions showcase your mobile or tablet app by showing a link to your app below your ad
- Review extensions: AdWords Editor now fully supports review extensions, which highlight third-party reviews in your ads
- Mobile app installs: You can now create mobile app installs campaigns for your Display Network ads in AdWords Editor
- Broad match modifier in duplicate keywords tool: The find duplicate keywords tool now ignores the broad match modifier match type when you select the “Duplicates can have different match types” option
- Target CPA bid strategy: You can now change your campaign’s bid strategy to Target CPA
- Frequency capping: To limit the number of times the same person will see your Display Network ad, you can now edit the frequency capping campaign setting and export it for archiving and sharing. However, CSV import and export aren’t supported
Google AdWords Editor 11.3.2
- Video campaigns: TrueView video ads are an interactive way to engage your customers on YouTube and across the Internet. Version 11.3 lets you create and edit standard TrueView video campaigns. You can add content exclusions and change your targeting methods to help control who sees your ads. You can also change other settings, such as your maximum cost-per-view (max CPV). Keep in mind that TrueView for shopping and mobile app installs campaigns aren’t supported
- Callout extensions: You can now create and edit callout extensions for your campaigns and ad groups. Callout ad extension lets you include additional text with your search ads. This lets you provide detailed information about your business, including products and services you offer
- HTML5: AdWords Editor now supports HTML5 ads
- Recent changes selection: Version 11.3 adds an option to have newly created items selected when "Make changes in duplicate items" is turned on
- Meta-words in Append Text tool: This version lets you use meta-words, such as "[campaign]" and "[ad group]" when using the Append Text tool
- New user list types: Two new user list types are now available in the user list picker: "Customer list" and "Similar."Google AdWords Editor 11.6