Process Lasso 188.8.131.52 (64-bit) LATEST
Windows XP64 / Vista64 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64 / Windows 11
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
The innovative ProBalance algorithm is a standout feature of Process Lasso. It intelligently adjusts the priorities of running programs to maintain system responsiveness during high CPU loads. By effectively managing background processes, ProBalance prevents them from causing system slowdowns or freezes. With ProBalance, you can continue using your computer smoothly even under heavy CPU usage. You can experience the effectiveness of ProBalance through CPUEater Demo.
It goes beyond just CPU management. It offers a variety of unique and useful functions for automating and optimizing application behavior. These include persistent priority classes, CPU affinities, disallowed processes, per-process power profiles, advanced process rules with a watchdog feature, process instance count limits, and instance balancing, among others.
One of the key features of Process Lasso is its ability to change CPU affinities. CPU affinity determines the specific CPU cores on which an application can run. With the software, you can set a persistent CPU affinity that applies every time the application is launched or dynamically change it while the application is running, based on specific thresholds. This feature is commonly used to limit CPU usage or improve performance.
In addition to these features, it provides functions such as power plan automation, a system responsiveness metric, and process activity logging.
To ensure minimal resource usage, all algorithms and process rules are enforced by a stand-alone background service called the Process Governor. The graphical user interface (GUI) is optional, allowing you to manage processes according to your preferences.
With Process Lasso, you have the power to control how programs utilize your computer's resources, enabling you to customize the behavior of your processes precisely.
Features and Highlights
- ProBalance: The highly effective algorithm that ensures PC responsiveness during high CPU loads.
- CPU Affinities: Set specific CPUs for processes to run on consistently every time they launch.
- CPU Sets: A more flexible version of CPU Affinities, allowing preferred cores to be assigned to processes.
- Priority Classes: Establish persistent CPU, I/O, and memory priorities for processes, ensuring they run at desired levels each time they launch.
- Disallowed Processes: Instantly terminate any processes that match your specified criteria.
- Limit Instances: Restrict the number of instances a process can have within a user session.
- Instance Balancer: Distribute CPU cores among running instances of one or multiple applications.
- CPU Limiter: Temporarily and dynamically limit the CPU usage of a process when it exceeds a certain threshold.
- Group Extender: Enable processor group-unaware applications to fully utilize the CPU.
- Power Profile Automation: Automatically switch power plans based on idle conditions (IdleSaver), specific running processes, or a manual timer (Keep Awake), and more.
- Prevent Sleep (Keep Awake): Stop your PC from entering sleep mode for a specified duration or when selected processes are active.
- Disable Hyper-Threading or SMT: Dynamically deactivate Hyper-Threading or SMT on a per-process basis.
- Advanced Watchdog Rules: Create sophisticated rules to trigger specific actions when processes exceed defined resource consumption thresholds or other criteria.
- Multi-select Operations: Perform operations, such as termination, on multiple processes simultaneously.
- Configuration Profiles: Create and use multiple rule configurations through profiles.
What is Process Lasso and what does it do?
Process Lasso is a Windows software that automates and optimizes processes on your PC. It provides control over running applications by offering features like CPU affinity management, priority classes, power plan automation, and advanced process rules. It ensures system responsiveness, prevents CPU overload, and allows you to customize how your processes utilize system resources.
How does the ProBalance algorithm work?
The ProBalance algorithm in Process Lasso dynamically adjusts the priorities of running programs to maintain system responsiveness during high CPU loads. It prevents background processes from causing system slowdowns by intelligently balancing their resource usage. ProBalance ensures that no single or multiple processes monopolize system resources, allowing you to continue using your computer smoothly even under heavy CPU usage.
Can I set specific CPU affinities for applications with Process Lasso?
Yes, it provides the ability to set specific CPU affinities for applications. CPU affinity determines the CPU cores on which an application can run. With Process Lasso, you can assign persistent CPU affinities that apply every time the application is launched. This feature allows you to control how your applications utilize CPU resources, either to limit CPU usage or enhance performance.
Are the process rules and settings in Process Lasso applied persistently?
Yes, it allows you to set persistent process rules and settings. Once configured, the defined priority classes, CPU affinities, power profiles, and other settings will be applied consistently every time the associated processes are launched. This ensures that your desired configurations are maintained across system restarts or application relaunches.
Does Process Lasso have any impact on system resources or performance?
The app is designed to have minimal impact on system resources and performance. The core algorithms and process rules are enforced by a separate background service called the Process Governor, which operates efficiently. The graphical user interface (GUI) of Process Lasso is optional, allowing you to manage processes without consuming unnecessary system resources. Process Lasso aims to optimize your PC's performance while keeping resource usage at a minimum.
Enhanced PC responsiveness & performance.
Fine-grained control over CPU resources.
ProBalance algorithm prevents system slowdowns.
Automates process optimization for efficiency.
Customizable power plan automation.
Advanced features may require technical understanding.
GUI interface can be overwhelming for novice users.
Some settings may require experimentation for optimal results.
Free version lacks certain advanced functionalities.
Note: After 30 days trial version period, some features are disabled and license purchase is required for commercial use.