PS3 Media Server 1.90.1 (32-bit) LATEST
Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
PS3 Media Server (32-bit) 2020 full offline installer setup for PC
Hailed as one of the earliest examples of media sharing in the home environment, this Sony’s application paved the way for the adoption of many standards that are used today such as DLNA, UPNP and secure handshakes with edge network devices such as DMP (Digital Media Players) and DMR (Digital Media Renderers). Written in Java and available on several operating systems, PS3 Media Server today offers one of the most comprehensive media server capabilities you can found on the market for free.
The app supports almost every media format you can think of, and if your client device cannot natively reproduce the specific video or audio codecs found in your files, then PS3 Media Server can be configured to automatically transcode those files into client-ready formats. This is especially useful for weaker client devices that have modest onboard hardware. The transcoding service found in this media server app is based on FFmpeg, MEncoder, tsMuxeR and AviSynth plugins, and thankfully users are not tasked to manually configure almost anything. Even the automatic transcoding of DVD and Blu-ray disc is natively supported! All that is needed is to activate the transcoding function and the app will do the rest.
The user interface of PS3 Media Server is simple, but it packs an incredible amount of customization options that have the potential to scare off novice users. Thankfully the interface is intuitive and simple to use, with a visual representation of the app media-broadcasting and network connection status in its first tab called “Status”. Other tabs (Traces, General Configuration, Navigation/Share Settings, and Transcoding Settings) are there for tight control over the entire media sharing service. PS3 Media Server is 100% FREE and it does not feature any timed or locked services or licenses.
Features and Highlights
- Ready to launch and play. No codec packs to install. No folder configuration and pre-parsing or this kind of annoying thing. All your folders are directly browsed by the PS3, there's an automatic refresh also.
- Real-time video transcoding of MKV/FLV/OGM/AVI, etc.
- Direct streaming of DTS / DTS-HD core to the receiver
- Remux H264/MPEG2 video and all audio tracks to AC3/DTS/LPCM in real time with tsMuxer when H264 is PS3/Level4.1 compliant
- Full seeking support when transcoding
- DVD ISOs images / VIDEO_TS Folder transcoder
- OGG/FLAC/MPC/APE audio transcoding
- Thumbnail generation for Videos
- You can choose with a virtual folder system your audio/subtitle language on the PS3!
- Simple streaming of formats PS3 natively supports: MP3/JPG/PNG/GIF/TIFF, all kind of videos (AVI, MP4, TS, M2TS, MPEG)
- Display camera RAWs thumbnails (Canon / Nikon, etc.)
- ZIP/RAR files as browsable folders
- Support for pictures based feeds, such as Flickr and Picasaweb
- Internet TV / Web Radio support with VLC, MEncoder or MPlayer
- Podcasts audio/ Video feeds support
- Basic Xbox360 support
- FLAC 96kHz/24bits/5.1 support
- Windows Only: DVR-MS remuxer and AviSynth alternative transcoder support