SideSlide 5.71 LATEST
Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 / Windows 11
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Since it provides such a highly modular skin on top of the classic Windows experience, SideSlide for Windows 11/10 can dramatically change the way users interact with their desktop and laptop PC, helping them to surface data in an innovative way and turbocharge their daily workflow.
It can be used to augment desktop surface with an incredible variety of tools, shortcuts, and datapoints, including things such as Windows commands, RSS news feeds, reminders, pictures, folder and file listings, notes, system monitoring datapoints, picture slideshows, advanced containers, and much more. All of those elements can be fully resized, moved, and placed exactly where users think they can most likely enhance their daily workflow. There is even a large set of customization options that can add various visual elements, transitions, and other features that can transform the boring desktop surface into an eye-catching experience that provides valuable data to the user.
Workflow with SideSlide elements can be additionally enhanced with the comprehensive support for new keyboard shortcuts, which can boost not only productivity but also provide additional control over SideSlide functionality and organization of on-screen objects. Users also have the option to pick how large the SideSlide workspace will be, from a full-screen experience to reducing its size or even removing it completely.
Users who demand high levels of organization when managing their home, school, or work PCs, can finally take full control over their desktop, augment it with an incredible variety of elements, and organize all these new modules in a visually appealing way that reflects their personality, daily workflow, and computing needs.
Features and Highlights
- Instantly accessible and adjustable workspace that stays out of your way until you need it.
- Add multiple shortcuts, commands, URLs, RSS news feeds, pictures, reminders and notes.
- Resizable, detachable, foldable and shrinkable containers extend the workspace beyond the limits of the screen.
- The workspace lets you sort and position everything in the way that works best for you, without any rules.
- Mouse & keyboard support with a full-blown keyboard launcher that includes a quick expression calculator, directory navigator and much more.
- RSS news feed functionality featuring a Subject Tracker that allows you to track what you are interested in the most.
- Keep your eyes on multiple picture slideshows that are easily added.
- Floating, colorful notes are quickly created and adjusted in bulk or separately.
- Shortcuts can be tagged for additional functionality and organization.
- Various ways of launching multiple shortcuts with a single click or the keyboard.
- Speed Launch: Launch shortcuts using a single keystroke.
- Link containers to actual folders on disk (launch, move, copy and delete files).
- Shortcuts, URLs, text and pictures from Windows or your browser can be dragged & dropped in the workspace.
- Drag pictures, documents, or any file from the Windows Explorer to programs in the workspace to open them from anywhere.
- Folder shortcuts allow for a convenient way to move and copy files from anywhere using the always accessible workspace.
- A growing online library with ready-made RSS news feed and shortcut containers.
- Every style and setting in the entire program and for each individual object can be customized.
- Fancy special effects that don't slow you down.
- Comes with multiple themes and wallpapers and you can also define your own style.
- Supports a portable installation to run from a USB stick: The workspace remains fully functional even when Windows assigns a different letter to the drive SideSlide is running from.
And best yet, this app is not only intended to be used on brand new versions of Windows OS. It works with Windows XP and all newer releases without any issues! Its installer is small and fast, and after uninstalling it leaves no traces in the PC storage except for a configuration directory that may be useful for users who wish to reinstall the app later. In addition to the automated installer version of the app, it is also distributed on its official site as a fully portable app.