Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Features and Highlights
- Creating, editing, and deleting tasks and subtasks.
- Tasks have a subject, description, priority, start date, due date, a completion date, and an optional reminder. Tasks can recur on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Tasks can be viewed as a list or as a tree.
- Tasks can be sorted by all task attributes, e.g. subject, budget, budget left, due date, etc.
- Several filters to e.g. hide completed tasks or view only tasks that are due today.
- Tasks can be created by dragging an e-mail message from a mail user agent (Outlook, Thunderbird, Claws Mail, Apple Mail) onto a task viewer.
- Attachments can be added to tasks, notes, and categories by dragging and dropping files, e-mail messages, or URL's onto a task, note, or category.
- Task status depends on its subtask and vice versa. E.g. if you mark the last uncompleted subtask as completed, the parent task is automatically marked as completed too.
- Tasks and notes can be assigned to user-defined categories.
- Settings are persistent and saved automatically. The last opened file is loaded automatically when starting the tool.
- Tracking time spent on tasks. Tasks can have a budget. Time spent can be viewed by individual effort period, by day, by week, and by month.
- The Task Coach file format (.tsk) is XML.
- Tasks, notes, effort, and categories can be exported to HTML and CSV (comma separated format). Effort can be exported to iCalendar/ICS format as well.
- Tasks, effort, notes, and categories can be printed. When printing, this software prints the information that is visible in the current view, including any filters and sort orders.
- TaskCoach can be run from a removable medium.
- Tasks and notes can be synchronized via a Funambol server such as My Funambol.