Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 / Windows 11
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
The Desktop game promotes Zen gameplay moments of satisfying organization of common household items, from personal clothes to childhood memorabilia, kitchen items, home decoration, and overall building of a complete and satisfying living space.
Released to the market in late 2021 by Witch Beam studios on the Steam platform, the Unpacking game quickly attracted attention from both players and media who praised it for its simplicity, multi-layered storytelling, well-crafted puzzle gameplay systems, and eye-catching visuals that can be experienced on almost every hardware PC configuration used today. Today in early 2023, over 90% of Steam gamers have recommended this title and left a positive review, marking it as one of the most praised modern puzzle titles on the Steam marketplace.
- Unpack a home — from a single bedroom to an entire house
- Meditative gameplay with no timers or scores
- Explore domestic environments with all their nooks and crannies while you stack plates, hang towels, and arrange bookshelves
- Discover a character’s story through the items that come with her to each new home (and the items that get left behind)
- Soundtrack by BAFTA award-winning composer & audio director Jeff van Dyck
The game has also received numerous awards and nominations from judging bodies such as DICE, Game Developer Choice Awards, AGDA, and many others.
The core gameplay of Unpacking revolves around the Zen experience of pulling possessions out of boxes and fitting them into a new living environment. The game requires players only to do drag & drop moves and arrange all generated items (they can’t see what they are pulling out of the box beforehand) in an apartment that already has major furniture in place.
As the player moves from one home to another, the background story starts showing up, providing the player with an expertly crafted tale of one person growing up as a child, moving away from home to school, buying a new apartment, forming a family in a bigger home, and more. The story is not told with narrative elements, but just with personal items, many of which are left behind and only a few following our main character from youth to an older age.
Unpacking features an attractive visual design, simple user interface, and soundtrack by BAFTA award-winning composer and audio director Jeff van Dyck.
Unpacking is a premium title that is today available on PC only via the Steam marketplace. In addition to PC, it was also ported to all modern PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo home consoles.
- OperaOpera 105.0 Build 4970.21 (64-bit)
- Secure EraserSecure Eraser 6.004
- DeskInDeskIn Remote Desktop 3.1.0
- iTop VPNiTop VPN 5.1.0 - Fast, Safe & Secure
- Opera GXOpera GX 104.0.4944.80 (64-bit)
- WPS OfficeWPS Office Free 188.8.131.5266
- TradingViewTradingView - Trusted by 50 Million Traders
- Total AVTotal AV - Antivirus Pro 2023
- BlueStacksBlueStacks - Play on PC 5.14.0
- Trade IdeasTrade Ideas - AI Stock Trading Signals