Total Commander 8.50 (64-bit)Date added: February, 21st 2014 - Shareware
Total Commander 8.50 (64-bit)
Windows XP64 / Vista64 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64
Editor / User Rating:/
Author / Product:
Total Commander (formerly known under the name Wincmd) is very popular and extremely efficient file manager, which hosts tremendous amount of advanced features that are not present in the standard Windwos Explorer or many other similar lightweight file managers. By having total commander installed on your PC, users of all technical levels can achieve full control over their storage, file transfers both locally and via FTP connections, easy management of large amount of content, and full ability to customize your experience just the way you like it.
A command line helps starting programs with parameters, and a fully configurable button bar allows to launch programs and internal commands. The built-in viewer can show files in text, hex, binary, image and multimedia format. The 32 bit version supports Drag & Drop from and to explorer/desktop, delete to the recycle bin, and Explorer style context menus/property sheets. FTP servers on the Internet can be accessed like local drives. A configurable directory hotlist (bookmarks) and history list make directory navigation easier. File listings can be expanded with tabbed interface, with users being able to create, manage and delete tabs just like in any modern browser.
Users have ability to customize the way app looks, not only with the way data is showcased (brief lists, full lists, trees, thumbnails, quick view panels), built also customize look and feel of the app with different colors for file listings, fonts, sizes and ability to change the way data sizes are counted (KB, MB, GB). This freedom is perfect for seasoned uses, but it can be appreciated also by novices who feel constricted by the static capabilities of Windows Explorer.
Total Commander New Features:
- Two file windows side by side
- Multiple language and Unicode support
- Enhanced search function
- Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
- Quick View panel with bitmap display
- ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
- Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
- Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
- Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search
- Compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog etc.
- Unicode names almost everywhere, long names, password manager
- USB port connection via special direct transfer cable
- And many more!