VLC Media Player 2.1.5 (64-bit)Date added: July, 30th 2014 - Open Source
VLC Media Player 2.1.5 (64-bit)
Windows XP64 / Vista64 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
VLC (formerly VideoLAN Client) is a lightweight player and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVD, Audio CD, VCD, also allows you to watch streaming media from remote computers and servers. Today, after so many years on the market, VLC represents one of the most popular video players on the world, with users base that eagerly awaits new upgrades to its already incredibly impressive set of services that enable anyone to fully control their multimedia playback, streaming and recording.
First version of VLC appeared on the internet in February of 2001, and it immediately raise the bar not only to the open-source and multiplatform competition, but every multimedia player on the planet. As years and new versions went by, VLC become filled with advanced features that were added as simple integrated plugins, which enabled core of VLC to remain light on processing and attractive to users who have old and slow PC configurations. The latest version of VLC are positively brimming with excellent tools and services, that cover everything from multimedia playback, setting up your own internet streaming server, recording videos from external sources, transcoding and more.
With faster decoding on multi-core, GPU, and mobile hardware and the ability to open more formats, notably professional, HD and 10bits codecs, 2.0 is a major upgrade for VLC. New versions of VLC have new rendering pipeline for video, with higher quality subtitles, and new video filters to enhance your videos. As of 2013, VLC has been downloaded more than 1.3 billion times only from few locations on the web.
VLC New Features:
- Rewritten video output core and modules, allowing blending in GPU.
- Shader support in the OpenGL output, for conversion, including 10bits.
- Video outputs for Windows 8 and 7, Android, iOS and OS/2.
- Debanding, grain, denoising and anti-flickering filters.
- Deinterlacing filter, including an Inverse Telecine algorithm.
- Resamplers for higher quality audio.
- Dynamic range compressor and karaoke filters.
- Simplification of the audio core for faster processing.
- Audio outputs for iOS, Android and OS/2.
- Multi-threaded decoding for H.264, MPEG-4/Xvid and WebM.
- Support for 10bits codecs, WMV image and some other codecs.
- Rewritten support for images, including jpeg, png, xcf, bmp etc.
- Important changes in RealVideo and Real Format support.
- CrystalHD cards and Android OpenMAX support for hardware decoding.
- And many more features...