Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Using Db Schema you can design the schema with or without a database, save the design as project file, deploy schema on multiple databases, and share the design in a team. Build-in tools allow to visually explore the database data, build and execute queries, generate random data, build forms applications or reports, and more. It can be evaluated 15 days for free, no registration required. It can work on all operating systems.
Db Schema is built for large schemas and complex databases. Build meaningful relations between tables and document the schema. Discover DbSchema layouts, virtual foreign keys, Relational Data Browse, interactive PDF documentation, and many other features.
Features and Highlights
Import database schemas
- Load JDBC driver
- Connect to any JDBC compatible database. Several DBMS have already been tested, but more will be added later.
- Currently tested DBMS include: Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2 for Windows/Linux, Cache, DaffodilDB, FrontBase, HSQLDB, Informix, JavaDB/Derby, Microsoft SQL Server, Mimer, Pervasive, PointBase, Sybase SQL Anywhere, Sybase ASE.
- Schema import includes: tables, views, foreign keys, procedures, triggers, sequences, and comments.
Edit database schema
- Uses an abstraction level between internal database schema representation and any particular database.
- Edit tables, columns, indexes, foreign keys, procedures, triggers, sequences, and comments.
- Edit your schemas Graphically using Layouts, including: tables, views, foreign keys, etc...
- Create and use multiple Layouts inside a project.
- Drag, pan, and zoom Layouts using simple mouse movements.
- Supports Drag&Drop from project tree to graphical Layout.
- Highlight Foreign Keys for a given table, which trigger on delete events.
- Generate SQL statements directly from the schema graphical Layout.
- Generate schema scripts to any particular database.
- Change schema data types from one database to another.
- Edit schema offline support.
Browse database data
- Browse data from multiple tables simultaneously.
- Set filters over browse data.
- Order browse data on one or more columns.
- Unlimited browse depth.
- Paginates browse data.
- Single or multiple record views.
- Insert, update, and delete records.
- View Large Objects (LOBs) fields as image, Html, text, or using an external application.
- Saves browse sessions in the project file, which can later be browsed again.
Edit and execute SQL
- Edit SQL statements.
- Syntax highlight covering database keywords, functions, table, and view names.
- Auto-completion of table, view, and column names.
- Quick Click&Show tables or columns in SQL pane and show them in Layout.
- Execute SQL statements individually or as scripts.
- Paginate and order SQL results, after query execution.
- Keep multiple SQL result panes, and refresh query results.
- Explain the SQL execution plan.
- Saves SQL scripts working sessions in the project file, which can later be continued.
- Synchronize project schema with another project or database.
- List schema differences.
- Select which differences to keep, either on a local or remote schema.
- Generate Merge SQL scripts based on schema differences.
- Upload differences on to a database, with automatic step by step execution.
- Synchronize schemas offline, which empowers teamwork.
Scripts and documentation
- Generates SQL schema creation scripts for any database.
- Document tables, columns, foreign keys, indexes, etc... by adding Comments
- Generates schema specification as an HTML document.
- Print schema Layouts with precise control on actual print size, using the Zoom print feature.
- Generates schema Layout image files, in a few formats (PNG [raster] or SVG [vectorial])
- Provides a Database Template System, which allows to create, edit and maintain database templates
- Several Database Templates are already supplied, but new ones can be learned as well, by connecting to the target database.
Note: 15 days trial version (can be extended to 30 days).